• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Easier/Longer Maintance Schedule

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had some time today at work and thought Honda was crazy for making the service schedule only up to24,000 miles seeing as how I passed that in the first year. So to simplify things for myself (because thats the way I like things...easy) I made this in two different forms for easier ways to see what needs to be replaced at what time. Now this doesn't include the small inspections which I do everytime anyways, this is just big ticket items that need to be changed/adjusted. Hope this helps others. -Matt
b2455ffe-07b9-47f0-b74d-5412d845bec6_zps583c8bea.jpg

My maintenance schedule is a lot easier to remember.
Oil chain every 500 miles and adjust if needed.
Change oil and filter at 6000 miles intervals.
Change everything (except chain and sprockets) at 12000 miles intervals and check valves. ( I clean my air filter every 12000 miles, as I have a K & N)
Change chain (assuming you are using "x" ring) and sprockets at 24000 miles intervals.

Last edited:
I usually don't just go replacing air filters on a schedule. Depending on the environment air filters can clog much faster like on dirt roads or go multiple replacement intervals and not need changing. Basically when the filter looks visibly dirty it's time to change it Like on my cars with the little plunger meter that tell you when to change the air filter, in Southern California urban roads there's not much dust. Mine's going on 90,000 miles on the OEM filter, the filter looks reasonably clean and the meter says it's still good.

Motorcycles are different than cars when it comes to the air filter. A lot smaller engine, so every bit of air really counts. Over the years I have had a lot of folks who tune their own motorcycles, bring me their bikes to repair. They just can not figure out what is wrong, as they have checked and changed every thing. You would not believe how many times it turned out to be a dirty air filter.

Over the years too most motorcycles, especially Harley's, remained carbureted but cars switched to fuel injection long ago. A dirty air filter really kills a carbed bike because it messes with the fueling. But in an injected bike, especially with the closed loop injection system like on the NC the air filter would have to be seriously clogged before it really affected performance.

Back