(Edited) 2021 Land of the Dragon Gathering

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
Think I have decided my route and going to go thru Tellico Plains/Cherohawla (sp?) parkway...Only spend about 60 miles on the superslab that way....and the most direct route...
Snoopy ready for take off tomorrow morning....sorry for dark pic....the garage/shed dont have lights and it is raining at the moment:

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_082322[1].jpg
    IMG_20210518_082322[1].jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's happening! We're doing it! Had six bikes on a nice, but long ride today. Photo is taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are 3 NCs in the photo.

No rain at all this whole week, but it's getting pretty warm during the daylight hours, cool at night. Can't complain. FF00AB92-3F9B-4D84-9D6C-F5CB5258A2EB.jpeg

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
Sorry I didnt post this yesterday... I made it safe and sound back home...even though it was my first time tent camping since I was 17 (now retirement age), it wasnt bad and I enjoyed myself...Tired each day after riding.... I think Robbie has a picture of all of us standing in front of our steeds....paging Robbie to the white phone....

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I left the Smokies quite early Sunday and made it home for dinner. I had done six days of riding in the mountains, with great weather, no rain.

Our gathering was small, but even though some of us were lodging and camping in different locations, we managed to do rides together and even magically meet up out in the wild. I first found mwcogburn while just casually riding through the Deals Gap parking lot. On other days, the riding groups twice met up at lunch and break stops with precise timing even though there were no specific plans or times to do so.

It was really fun talking and riding with those in attendance. As always, I look forward to the next time!

jspringator

Reaction score
Visit site
I got up at 6:30 am and Greg was already gone! Made it home mid afternoon. I went through Gatlinburg. No delays to speak of. I had a great time tagging along. Looking forward to next year.