• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

(Edited) 2021 Land of the Dragon Gathering

I suggest Moonshine Campground in Sylva, NC. They accommodate RVs and tent campers and also have a number of cabins from rustic to full upstairs/downstairs.

Edit to add that Moonshine has converted much of the space set aside for tenters to RV sites now and it appears that they are not able to bring in tent camping groups like this anymore.

Last edited:
Sounds like the general consensus is to go to Iron Horse during the originally suggested dates. I will call them Wednesday and check on accommodations/availability. I have reserved a "prestay' for earlier that week at Indian Boundary off the Cherohala Skyway.

I’m officially in, I guess. I have reserved a site at Iron Horse May 20-23. I’m also staying at Indian Boundary campground over near Tellico Plains May 16-20. After Iron Horse, I might go up the BRP, or somewhere.

Now I just need to decide which motorcycle to ride!

Welllll..........one boy has been affected by Pink Kryptonite and says he will not be gone on the 22nd.

Soooo......you all have fun.

We will do a trip to N GA earlier or later I hope.

I’m officially in, I guess. I have reserved a site at Iron Horse May 20-23. I’m also staying at Indian Boundary campground over near Tellico Plains May 16-20. After Iron Horse, I might go up the BRP, or somewhere.

Now I just need to decide which motorcycle to ride!
Just an FYI. There is a Vstrom rally at Iron Horse May 20-23. At last count, there are about 60 attendees signed up so far, one of which is me. Will be a full house!

Does Mo still cook something up on Friday and Saturday nights if there are enough people eating there? Same cash or check payment arrangements? I’m scouting an October event.

Just an FYI. There is a Vstrom rally at Iron Horse May 20-23. At last count, there are about 60 attendees signed up so far, one of which is me. Will be a full house!

That explains why I was told by Iron Horse Reservations that the bunkhouses were nearly filled up by “you guys”. Sure wasn’t that kind of showing at Kickstand 2 years ago. She also said there was no need for a tent reservation, that there was always plenty of tent space. 60 motorcyclist sounds like a lot to me. I’ve never been to Iron Horse, so I don’t know how much space they have.

I am planning on being there Thursday thru Saturday night...doing the camping thing... the tent camping is first come/first serve...be there around 1-2pm on Thursday, the 20th.....
Awesome. I’m glad you’ll be able to come!

Normally I’d be tent camping with you all, but since I’ll be in the area for a week or more, and I like to bring and cook all my own food for the duration of the trip, I have an RV site reserved and I’ll be sleeping in my mini toyhauler/camping trailer.

I’m curious what kind of bikes you all are bringing. I assume davidc83 will be on his NC. I could bring an NC700X, a 250 dual sport, or an 1800 Goldwing. I’m guessing the NC700X would be most compatible for possible group rides.

I’m curious what kind of bikes you all are bringing. I assume davidc83 will be on his NC. I could bring an NC700X, a 250 dual sport, or an 1800 Goldwing. I’m guessing the NC700X would be most compatible for possible group rides.
Correct....even though my old girl (2007 c50 suzuki boulevard) is getting new shoes this week, the NC700x is better in the Smokies...

Back