• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Emergency Frunk Cable made simple

I made one as well before a Dale's became available for sale. In this pic I mounted a small plastic fuel tank on it that I used on an Iron Butt attempt. Before the fuel tank was mounted on it I used it for camping trips. With a dry bag strapped across it I could fuel up without disturbing bag or lifting seat.

View attachment 49008

View attachment 49009

Tape on the frunk lid was to protect from zipper scratches as I dug around in there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the ride. Tape on the back side of the Madstad to eliminate headlight glare during the night portion of the ride.
Did you ever get your SS1000 cert?
I would like to see how your auxiliary gas tank is plumbed, please and thank you

Did you ever get your SS1000 cert?
I would like to see how your auxiliary gas tank is plumbed, please and thank you
The aux tank was for a 1500 in 24 Bun Burner Gold attempt which I did not successfully complete. I do have certs for a Saddle Sore 1000 and a Bun Burner 1500 on NC700Xs. The tank is a simple gravity feed with a 90 degree hose barb screwed into the gas cap. The aux tank has a valve that is closed until I burned at least two bars off. When the valve is opened the 1.6 gallons drains into the main tank.

The real long distance hero around here is Ld_Rider who finished an IBA Rally (2017?) on his NC700X compiling 11 consecutive 1000+ mile days.

The aux tank was for a 1500 in 24 Bun Burner Gold attempt which I did not successfully complete. I do have certs for a Saddle Sore 1000 and a Bun Burner 1500 on NC700Xs. The tank is a simple gravity feed with a 90 degree hose barb screwed into the gas cap. The aux tank has a valve that is closed until I burned at least two bars off. When the valve is opened the 1.6 gallons drains into the main tank.

The real long distance hero around here is Ld_Rider who finished an IBA Rally (2017?) on his NC700X compiling 11 consecutive 1000+ mile days.
Holy cow! To do the rally (and finish) on a 700X does deserve hero status!
I came within 30 miles of finishing the BBG. There was a KOA and I was getting dangerously tired. So, I left off for another day.

Back