• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Emergency Quick release?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
A question to any of the folks out there in the emergency medical field. Are the Emergency Quick Release System on some helmets actually useful for emergency responders? Are they actually trained to use them or are they really just for the track where the local ems folks will know to look for them. I’m weighing whether or not picking a helmet with them is a nice to have or a must have for safety.

My view is that the EQRS, like the emergency medical info sleeves, is only useful if the EMTs that come to you know about these things ... and that's a big crap shoot. I think you are correct that EMTs focused on a certain environment (e.g., track days, football games, car racing) know about the specific and unique safety features associated with that gear. General municipal EMTs may have no idea, or may be trained only to look for medical info bracelets and the like. I would not buy a helmet just because it has the EQRS, but in an "all else being equal" comparison of two helmets that I like I'd get the one with that system just in case it ends us being useful. I don't think I'd pay much extra for it, however.

My view is that the EQRS, like the emergency medical info sleeves, is only useful if the EMTs that come to you know about these things ... and that's a big crap shoot. I think you are correct that EMTs focused on a certain environment (e.g., track days, football games, car racing) know about the specific and unique safety features associated with that gear. General municipal EMTs may have no idea, or may be trained only to look for medical info bracelets and the like. I would not buy a helmet just because it has the EQRS, but in an "all else being equal" comparison of two helmets that I like I'd get the one with that system just in case it ends us being useful. I don't think I'd pay much extra for it, however.
That’s fair and makes sense. Thank you.

why not ride (or drive) down to the local FD or EMT or LEO stations and ask them? I'd ask my brother for you (a retired firefighter and emt) but he retired in 99. Tell you what I'll be seeing him tomorrow for lunch and if I can remember (big if..I seem to forget a lot these days lol) I'll ask him anyway.

why not ride (or drive) down to the local FD or EMT or LEO stations and ask them? I'd ask my brother for you (a retired firefighter and emt) but he retired in 99. Tell you what I'll be seeing him tomorrow for lunch and if I can remember (big if..I seem to forget a lot these days lol) I'll ask him anyway.
Good call. I think I might just do that. Thank you

Talked to a volunteer paramedic at work from a little town south of me and she was quite knowledgeable about them. Said any paid department ought know and she said while not essential she did recommend them.

Talked to a volunteer paramedic at work from a little town south of me and she was quite knowledgeable about them. Said any paid department ought know and she said while not essential she did recommend them.
Good deal. I talked to my brother and he said also they ought to know, or would be able to figure it out very quickly

Back