• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

End of May Ride Meetup

davidc83

Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
Hey guys, about 7 years ago I got back into riding (after a 30+ year hiatus). When I got back into riding, I started small with a Suzuki gz250 and joined the Honda Rebel 125 250 450 ? Index page (as in Honda Rebel) forum. The forum occasionally (1-2 times a year) has a meetup either in Georgia, NC or Ohio. The end of May we are having a meetup in Andrews, NC (about 30 minutes from the Dragon). We are not a rowdy bunch (some of us may have a beer or two at the end of the riding day). I will be going with my NC700x and I hope (paging Delbert to the white phone) my best friend will be riding his NC700x (I have the faster red one, he has the slower silver one :)). For those who rather camp, there are campgrounds in the area. You do not have to be a member of the Rebel forum to join us. We welcome all bikes (a couple of years ago in Ohio, we had about 25 riders at the meetup and I don't think there was 2 of anyone make of bike-I had my BMW at the time). By the way, these past 7 years, I have ridden over 100,000+ miles and I placed 11,000 miles in 6 months on that little gz250 (sold it after I bought my Suzuki C50-bought new, with one mile on the odo-now has 67,000+ miles).

Below are particulars from the rebel website:

Open to all motorcycles .. and past riders who no longer own a motorcycle but can still talk motorcycle, food, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala, and other fish stories. If you've got a Rebel, bring it. If you have an HD, bring it, we need something to tear apart. (The last comment was donated by RW, the HD rider, who thinks he just might take one of our Rebel 450s this time. Note he's not offering up his HD for teardown.)

Andrews NC .. Fri 5/30 and Sat 5/31, as well as Thu 5/29 for those who choose early arrival.

RW & I have reservations for a ground floor room beginning Thu w/ checkout Sun, 6/1.
(hmmm, I should have specified a room near the rocking chairs. Yep, they're still there despite having a new owner. The cookies too!)

Quality Inn
138 Country Hearth Inn Drive
Andrews, NC 28901
828-321-2176

.. ask for Beth when making reservations. (she works daytime)
.. mention Rebel Motorcyle Group for discounted rate.

$65 .. or roundabout, a nite. The same rate we were given in 2012.

This posting gives the Date, Location and Hotel information. More details will follow from me and other posters.

We already have a positive from 8 people (7 bikes) before this posting

I will be at this meet-up on May 30, and 31, leaving early Jun 1 on my continued trip down to Gainesville Florida. Andrews NC is about 40 minutes from the Dragon, so if any of you guys are in the area, stop by and say hello. There is only one hotel on the main highway of US129/US19.

Sorry, but I'm not going to make it. There's some nasty weather down here. I'm just not equipped to deal with thunder storms on the bike.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, but when you're done, I'd like to see some pictures of the meet-up.

Sorry guys, didn't take any pictures of all the different bikes which showed up (about a dozen), it was raining and we just didn't get the bikes together.
We went thru here on the way to Maggy Valley:

However, I did take some pictures while I was in Florida (left Andrews and rode exactly 500 miles in exactly 9 hours).
Here is a couple of pictures on my ride from Louisville Ky to Crossville Tn (spent the night with my buddies in Crossville before going on down to Andrews NC).
My buddy's NC700x is the grey one:

In my opinion, Gary Cooper's best movie when he portrayed Sgt York:

While in Florida;

My snowbird buddy in Florida:

Went here for a lunch a couple of days: I think the road out to Ozello island might have the most curves in the state.

Outside of Inez Florida

Downtown Crystal River:

Cheapo pocket camera. I now have 3000 miles on the Continental Motion tires and they are very good tires. Hold good grip in the corners, does really well in the rain (even gully washers) and hardly no wear, even after a 785 mile ride in 13 hours trip back home.

Back