• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ermax +15cm touring screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

The Ermax +15cm touring screen is really quite nice -- sexy even -- and looks great in light black! In fact my gal who is rather non-interested in cycles loved the look, the blackout pattern at the bottom, the flare. Unlike the early pictures you may have seen, there is no outer "border". I like the blackout pattern at the bottom as it makes the NC's readouts easier to see and hides the "instrument panel" at the front. The screen measures ~19" tall and 14" wide at the widest point.

The width of the screen really keeps the chest from getting blasted back and deals well with winds coming in at an angle because of the width and shape. But I have to say that height of Ermax screen is probably best for 5'9" or under... for me at 5'11" (I believe I also have a long torso) it's placing force at the top of the helmet, enough that when I raise my face shield it vibrates/flexes back and forth. If I lean in without ducking down it totally kills that helmet/face-shield oscillation. But when I ride in positions I use more often, it's just not quite right for my height. Either needs to be shorter for me, or a few inches taller, or angled slightly more vertical.

So. Because of my height and long torso, I haven't decided if I will sell mine after using it once for a 300-mile day, or trying an alternative mounting system that adds adjustability, or an add-on deflector at the top. Or maybe devise an effective way to mount it on my WR250R.

Ermax +15 screen and Hepco & Becker Junior 55 top case:

29116926443_53069a11a8_h.jpg

have you tried it in both the upper and lower positions? I find it works well for me in the upper position, but for some lower might work better to allow the helmet to sit in cleaner airflow.

tried, yup. more than an inch is needed to move/change things to my liking. i mean, i ride a naked dualsport at highway speeds, but on the NC I'd like more bug- and rain-shielding. otherwise i am generally pretty happy with the stock shield or none at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back