• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

exhaust adapter to 50.8mm inside diameter

2masH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
anyone know where I can buy an exhaust adapter to fit on a cheap slip-on that has a 50.8mm connection. I think the pipe on the NC700X is 38mm - is that right?

This is the one (Norwegian site): Lyddemper Slip on - Biltema

/thomas

That comes up as 1.5" to a 2" adapter in the US, the adapters I've been able to find are for larger sizes.
You also have to figure out if the measurements are OD (outside) or ID (inside).
If you have muffler shops that make their own systems near you, they can expand one end of the smaller pipe to fit.
Not sure if they can "shrink" the larger pipe down that much. It's been many years since I ran a pipe bender.
Good luck

I'm currently in the same boat. My low budget slip on didn't come with anything to connect the pipe to the silencer. The thin adapter sleeve it came with wasn't long enough and the OD/ID would fit anyway without some kind of extention. I'm about 3.5" short. Found an adapter on fleabay I'm going to try -50.5mm OD to 35.5mm OD Exhaust Pipe Interface Welding Connector Adapter - will update when I get it. Hopefully no welding or bracket refab will be needed with the brackets, 4 springs and some well placed teflon tape.

Won't slip on, at least without refabricating the small end to make it a little larger and/or welding it. The silencer was so small I can keep it attached with some extra springs and safety wire for now.

I'm getting thrown off by the wording, I've always thought a silencer goes in the end of the tail pipe.

It sounds like you need a mid pipe or an adapter that goes from the mid pipe to the tail pipe, is that correct or maybe you can post a picture of what your talking about?

If I install my "one size fits all" silencer so the ring around it bolts into the same place the stock silencer bolts up by the rear wheel I'd need about 6-7 inches of connecting pipe and a welder. search the term 50.5mm OD to 35.5mm OD Exhaust Pipe Interface to see this short version. If it slipped over the pipe and silencer like it should have the clamps and springs it came with would have secured everything tight.

I haven't installed them yet so I can't attest to anything but I'm a visual person.
I hope this helps
92b084a0cff2cf1092a0cef94d9c41e3.jpg
bd45b76e341e38fa4c18aa44ee2cf2bf.jpg
d18ea5e0485623b8ba9b1fceec9fe544.jpg

The mid pipe I bought

KIMISS KI7315 Motorcycle Exhaust Vent Middle Link Pipe for Honda NC700X NC750X NC750S NC700S 2012-2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J6N7Y47/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2m37CbNBFA446

Not the exact same (mine also came with a silencer) but looks just like the one I have with the same measurements

Motorcycle Slip On Exhaust System Alu Muffler Pipe Universal for 38-51mm Street Sport bike DB Killer(liujiao-White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078W5XQXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0p37Cb2AG4VGE

Edit it doesn't specifically list it but shows the same removable silencer mine came with
e35226c753180bbf051b9165c5bc2ed7.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try installing mine to see how it works out, if I'm able to I'll report back with the results

Oh by the way if you get a plain stainless steel exhaust like the one I got, I was told to clean off all the oils from your hands before you get it hot (first time you have it hooked up with the engine running) I guess the first time it gets hot if there is oil from your hands on the exhaust it could leave stain type marks.
Apparently after getting to operating temp once or twice it's not an issue

Someone who knows more about exhaust or at least metal can confirm or rebuke that info if they know first hand

Last edited:
Yes to the oil question. Lower grade stainless steels are not all that stainless. Good stainless steel will resist just about everything and always clean up. That's why (I'm told) most of the good aftermarket pipes and silencers are made with high grade stainless steels, chrome or carbon fiber. The carbon fiber look on my China cheapo is fake but should hide marks or scratches well enough.

This was the adaptor where it said it fit but didn't. Small end OD would not go over the exhaust pipe. Both were same size. Tried expanding, then crimping to get it to go in rather than over before realizing it was a lost cause.
50.5mm to 35.5mm GP Motorbike Exhaust Pipe Interface Welding Connector Adapter 7646399724634 | eBay

It looks like your amazon ad is way more bike specific so hopefully yours works. I took my restrictor out so the exhaust moves more freely. It's currently held on by 3 springs and a piece that came with the silencer. I'll try and get a photo this morning .

When I finally get the right adaptor to accept most aftermarket silencers I'll tack weld it in one or two spots to the exhuast pipe. The clamps look 'clunky'.

Last edited:
I tried installing the mid pipe I got and it doesn't fit. The side closer to the engine is too small to fit the gasket, the pipe over all is too long and the angle is wrong, even with simple modifications I couldn't get it to work.

I tried making it shorter (also made the side closer to the engine a little larger (the pipe is tapered) but the angle is to drastic.

If I extended the hanger (exhaust pipe mount) and finished enlarging the side I cut (closer to the engine) I could make it work but the exhaust is going to be sitting 3" or 4" lower, not ideal.

So I'm not recommending the mid pipe, I'll try making it work Mon or Tue and post a picture then

20190602_200855.jpg20190602_200914.jpg

The smaller adapter that came with the silencer fit into the large OD and sort of gets squished into the pipe end by the springs. There's a 2" ID x 2" long piece of black turbo-grade hose over the connection for more stability and to cover up the wonky midpipe. Even with the plug is out it's only loud of I want it to be with one exception -it always makes a short growl at start up.

The other day I went riding with an old ~1600cc Harley and a fairly new ~1800cc Victory. When we all got on the throttle I wasn't the loudest but I wasn't drowned out. Both said they could hear me.

Back