• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Exhlaust change

haloids

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, new here but would like to know if the newer style muffler (2017) will fit on a 2014 as a direct bolt on replacement. The parts list shows the exhaust down pipe to be a different part number between the two years but I really hate the 2014 can. Thanks for any help

Buying a stock muffler might be expensive. Why not buy an aftermarket exhaust and get a good sound and drop weight?
Danmoto, Motorcycle Racing Parts & Accessories are less expensive and sound good. I bought the carbon exhaust and it is around 2#.
My other NC came with a Two Brothers exhaust and sounds terrific but at $450 I went with the DanMoto and it sounds great for $135.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the message and information. The problem with aftermarket exhaust is the cops in Thailand will ticket you for modifying the exhaust so I don't want the hassle. New muffler about $260 so not too bad. Thanks sgain

Will changing the OEM muffler ( aka can) to aftermarket make the 700x run more lean?. TIA
Not likely, people have run the NC without the muffler at all (my aftermarket pipe sounds almost the same as without one) and there is little to no difference in engine temp or performance.

The most I've seen as an increase in HP (on paper) for the NC is around 1/2 HP with high flow air filter and an aftermarket exhaust pipe so there's little you can do to alter the NC without a lot of work

Thanks Rippin209.....no big alterations in my future. Just curious if an aftermarket can would make an already lean running bike more so...... question answered.....thanks again.

Hello everyone, new here but would like to know if the newer style muffler (2017) will fit on a 2014 as a direct bolt on replacement. The parts list shows the exhaust down pipe to be a different part number between the two years but I really hate the 2014 can. Thanks for any help
I'm moving a lot of upgrades from a 2013 to a 2017. The exhaust systems mount points are both the same. The latter muffler is much better looking.

Hi
I've gone the " other " way and fitted an OEM '16 stainless steel can to my '19 nc750x because I wanted one that didn't rust [ the '17 0n is mild steel ! ] & is quieter and looks better in my opinion ! It went straight on !
Derek

Back