• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling begins..

The timeframe for this adventure should be about four weeks. Race Tech needs about two weeks to do the forks because it is the first NC700x that they have worked with and they have to first spec the suspension. On the plus side, I get a 20% discount for being the pioneer. I have an Öhlins rear shock ordered that should get to Öhlins USA next week. They will need about two weeks to do the custom spring and valve work on it. Everything else can happen inside of the suspension timeframe.

The first order of business will be to install the 55w HID Projector with Angel Eye inside the Honda reflector. Hmmm. Wrought with danger. My kind of project. I'd hate to think what a new reflector costs from Honda if I manage to brick it. I may paint the reflector with smoke clear Plasti-kote just for looks as the reflector isn't needed with the projector beam...

HID projector KT-MT5

I hope you don't have earthquakes in Danielsville like we do here in So Cal with that "stand". :p Might be testing those crash bars.

The timeframe for this adventure should be about four weeks. Race Tech needs about two weeks to do the forks because it is the first NC700x that they have worked with and they have to first spec the suspension. On the plus side, I get a 20% discount for being the pioneer. I have an Öhlins rear shock ordered that should get to Öhlins USA next week. They will need about two weeks to do the custom spring and valve work on it. Everything else can happen inside of the suspension timeframe.

The first order of business will be to install the 55w HID Projector with Angel Eye inside the Honda reflector. Hmmm. Wrought with danger. My kind of project. I'd hate to think what a new reflector costs from Honda if I manage to brick it. I may paint the reflector with smoke clear Plasti-kote just for looks as the reflector isn't needed with the projector beam...

HID projector KT-MT5

Thanks for being the pioneer on this beemerphile! I don't have the experience nor the funds for this yet, but I can save up for the parts anyway.

I was thinking the same thing! Or bumping into it. Where's your safety strap?

I replaced the wheel chock on my lift with a Baxley Sport Chock. Yes, I know, I even had to farkle my bike lift. Anyway, the Baxley is bolted to the face of the stand. The rear wheel is in the chock and is strapped to the chock. There is also a lock on the Baxley to hold it in the over-center position so it can't roll off. The lift is anchor-bolted at the four corners into the 10" thick concrete slab in my garage. But, we don't have earthquakes around here. So, bump away.

I replaced the wheel chock on my lift with a Baxley Sport Chock. Yes, I know, I even had to farkle my bike lift. Anyway, the Baxley is bolted to the face of the stand. The rear wheel is in the chock and is strapped to the chock. There is also a lock on the Baxley to hold it in the over-center position so it can't roll off. The lift is anchor-bolted at the four corners into the 10" thick concrete slab in my garage. But, we don't have earthquakes around here. So, bump away.

Very nice! I figured you would have had secured in some fashion. ;)

I am completely fascinated by your project(s). Can you describe what your idea is to make wind deflectors using the Givi crash bars that you mentioned in another thread? I can't wait to see this whole thing unfold.

BTW, there was a very mild earthquake that was felt by many folks in the very early hours of the morning in Madison county sometime around 2004 or so. I might be off on the year.

I notice some of our US friends use the word 'farkles', what does this mean? Goodies? Extra's? Thanks. In return, I'll start writing in a Scottish accent...

farkle
Urban Dictionary: farkle
accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.

One source attributes the term to Pete Wells, the organizer of a 1997 Honda ST1100 rally
www.nabble.com/Re:-Farkel,
{delete this line and join two halves for url}
-or-is-it-Farkle--p2354383.html

The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

I am completely fascinated by your project(s). Can you describe what your idea is to make wind deflectors using the Givi crash bars that you mentioned in another thread? I can't wait to see this whole thing unfold.

I intend to take two flat acrylic sheets and form them as follows: The plate will rest unfastened against the sideplates of the radiator with some adhesive foam rubber separating them. The acrylic will be painted black on the back side in this area to hide the adhesive foam. They will continue out past the Givi guards and then radius back 45 degrees and terminate. Telsa LED fog lamps will be mounted on top of the bars. The deflectors will be mounted to the bars with two clamps per side. Type of clamp still undetermined. Possibly aftermarket bar clamps the same as used to mount the fog lamps. There may be a projection down from the body of the deflector that radiuses back and terminates after a bit. The inclusion of this projection depends on the final mounting location of two Fiamm electric horns.

BTW, there was a very mild earthquake that was felt by many folks in the very early hours of the morning in Madison county sometime around 2004 or so. I might be off on the year.

Seems I remember that. Barely rattled the bed. It would take much more to knock Lenita from her pedestal, and to that extent, I am a gambling man.

farkle
Urban Dictionary: farkle
accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.

One source attributes the term to Pete Wells, the organizer of a 1997 Honda ST1100 rally
www.nabble.com/Re:-Farkel,
{delete this line and join two halves for url}
-or-is-it-Farkle--p2354383.html

The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had just assumed that it was another way of saying that you were "effing" with it or something to that extent.

Back