• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FAQ help needed

mwcogburn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have volunteered to compile a FAQ for the forum. this thread will be used to gather input.

What are the frequently asked questions that need to be answered? Please post your suggested questions. If you are feeling really generous you can post answers too :) Keep them coming and I will compile the information offline.

For suggestions on final format that we should use for the FAQ please use this post http://nc700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6848

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bloody good idea.

The search engine here equates to being a one eyed paraplegic with glasses looking for a coat and scarf in a busy Moroccan bazaar!

Hopeless.

Here's your first FAQ.

Is the windshield talon resistant? ;)

I thought it was if the instrument display cover was talon proof, LOL

I took the ideas from the other thread. It is only a beginning. These are the questions I have so far; (very much a work in progress)

Q: Where can I get a owners manual or service manual for my NC700/NC750?

A: The official service manual for the NC series is published by Helm, Inc. For more information see the Helm website at Helm Incorporated: Choose Product Category This material is copyrighted. As such no links to unlicensed copies are allowed on the forum.

The owners manual is available through your local Honda dealer or Helm, Inc. at the website above.

Q: Is the NC700/NC750 the right bike for me?

Q: why does the red fuel gauge bar stay on?

A: The red bar is directly applied behind the LCD display. When the display is registering at least on bar, it blocks the red bar from sight. When the last bar flashes, it appears to be flashing red. This design also means the red is visible when the instrument panel is powered down.

Q: what are the stock chain sprocket specs?

valve adjustment?

slope mod?

starting the DCT after improper shut down?

FDQ (frequently disputed questions) to host questions like "Do I need to change my oil?" "synthetic?" "Can I continue riding on a patched tire?" "Lane splitting, practical or completely insane?" "Regular maintenance, how much is too much?" etc.

A few more topic ideas, some good, some not so good:

How do I install these @%#! springs on this center stand? Do I really need a center stand?

Is the NC700 a scooter or a motorcycle?

Can the NC700x be lowered for shorter riders?

Has anyone put two disks on the front wheel?

Why can't I get the fuel economy some others get?

What tires will fit the NC700?

What does a horn relay do and why would I need one?

I want Givi luggage but I can't figure out what hardware I need.

In the Rebel Without a Clue section:
Is the NC700 good at pulling chicks?
Can the NC700 jump over logs?

Last edited:
How do I remove my stock bar weights?

Why do my stock bar weights turn? Are they loose?

Trip A resting on the newer bikes.

Thanks for doing this, your a brave man!

NC700X/XA/SA
OEM Drive Chain (Size) - (Number of Links) [Model]
DID (520) - (114) [DID520VO-114LE]
RK (520) - (114) [RK520MKO-114-LE]

NC700X/XA/SA
Sprocket Tooth Count
Front- 16T
Rear- 43T

NC700XD (DCT)
OEM Drive Chain (Size) - (Number of Links) [Model]
DID (520) - (112) [DID520VO-114LE]
RK (520) - (112) [RK520MKO-114-LE]

NC700XD (DCT)
Sprocket Tooth Count
Front- 16T
Rear- 39T

The following question was suggested (thanks again 670cc). Has anyone put two disks on the front wheel?

I don't know the answer. Has anyone done it and if so please point me to the thread. I would like to answer yes or no then elaborate on why it is not needed.

Thank you anglachel for suggesting the following question. "starting the DCT after improper shut down (I think that is a thing, I don't have a DCT)"

I have no Idea how to answer this. I remember a few posts on one thread but I can not find it. Does this belong in the FAQ (DCT owners please speak up).

The following question was suggested (thanks again 670cc). Has anyone put two disks on the front wheel?

I don't know the answer. Has anyone done it and if so please point me to the thread. I would like to answer yes or no then elaborate on why it is not needed.

I think the answer is that no one actually has put two disks on the front, but that doesn't keep it from being a frequently asked question. I would simply answer the question, "No.", until someone points out otherwise.

How do I winter over the bike?

Do I need a batter charger?

Do I actually need to read the owners manual? (Where is the owners manual?)

I'll be no help on how to start or stop a DCT, I've never started or stopped one, I just recall seeing a thread once.

Q. How do these plastic body fasteners work?

A. The owner's manual has illustrations and instructions on operating the fasteners.

How about a maintance chart,I know its in the manual but it may be nice to have in here also.

What hand guards fit the NC700?/ with what modifications?
Trackside / Barkbuster/ Cycra / Acerbis

What skid plates fit the NC700?
Hondabike pro
Hepco-Barker
TCI

What crash bars?
Givi
Hepco
TCI

sorry I did not dig out all the links.

Back