• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Farewell Buckie, hit and killed on August 15, days after retirement

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Another death.

Not a Hoosier native but he lived here the last 5 years. Coached fencing at Notre Dame, retired from N.D. after the end of the collegiate season a couple months ago. He then coached the US Olympic Team in Tokyo a couple weeks ago, bringing home the 1st USA individual Gold Medal ever in Foil, and team medals. Formerly lived in the northeast and NY.

My "fencing daughter" Dasha, who is staying with my family now, and is a varsity fencer at N.D. and is one of many who are heartbroken over this loss. He was one of several of her coaches last year.

Got hit on his motorcycle and killed yesterday.

Dasha and I went to Notre Dame today, the campus was in a somewhat somber mood with the loss of Coach Buckie. She stopped to light a candle for him at the Grotto.

We will be back on Wednesday, she can't get into her dorm until then so today we went by car. Wednesday the packed truck will go and I'll move her into her dorm.

tempImage9WZLDd.jpg

Back