• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Farkling up our new 21

One of the reasons for the bar weights is for the mirrors. Everything has a frequency of vibration and when removing weights be it bar end or internal your hands and your mirrors will let you know. Even some mirrors are specific for this very reason. Some may think that the Bark Busters are overkill for the street but they come in handy for more than protecting your fingers. I like being able to install the Storm covers in summer and when using the Oxford Muffs for winter.

I didn't see this video when I looked for one last night but I notice this model of BB is different than the one I got. Mine had only one set of bolts, not long enough to include the external bar weight, and the bracket has a different design. So maybe he has an older or newer model of BB, I can't say!

I've just installed the R Gaza engine guards and am impressed with their quality and heft. The right side is a bit tricky and their directions do not make clear that you need to loosen the bottom left brackets that hold the horn in order to get that segment in place. Otherwise the left side is super simple. Tomorrow I mount the aux lights. I'll post photos with the lights on since they are in the same place.

However, I have taken plastic off of Kawasakis, Yamahas, Aprilias, Moto Guzzi's and never had any piece of plastic be such a total pain in the butt as that useless lower piece on the NC750. That damn thing takes me forever to get lined up and in place and it's only cosmetic. I can't wait to get a proper sump guard that bolts on and I'll happily trade the effort of removing a few bolts to wiggling and figgling with that dreadful OEM piece. Yikes.

I didn't see this video when I looked for one last night but I notice this model of BB is different than the one I got. Mine had only one set of bolts, not long enough to include the external bar weight, and the bracket has a different design. So maybe he has an older or newer model of BB, I can't say!
Well, here’s my experience: off the model of BB that I got (MH-46-04), the left side went in without any issues and being able to keep the handlebar weights and handlebar end weight in. No probs whatsoever. The right side, on the other hand, no dice. The clamp and BB adapter won’t fit over the brake mechanism, shy by about .5” which when I take out the right side (i.e., throttle side) bar weight and go w/ the BB weight then it goes together. I want the OEM handlebar weight so I fashioned myself an about 2” connector from the BB bar (the curvy one) to the BB adapter out of 1/8” aluminum plate and screwed it together w/ stainless steel bolts and nuts. Should hold for the type of stuff I’m doing, and it’s far enough away from the brake cylinder and line to not hit anything. Would be nice if BB had a small enough adapter . . . 10 years from now I’ll just print my own part at home :)

Welcome feedback if anyone was able to keep the throttle-side weights in and put in the BB without any issues like mine!

Well, here’s my experience: off the model of BB that I got (MH-46-04), the left side went in without any issues and being able to keep the handlebar weights and handlebar end weight in. No probs whatsoever. The right side, on the other hand, no dice. The clamp and BB adapter won’t fit over the brake mechanism, shy by about .5” which when I take out the right side (i.e., throttle side) bar weight and go w/ the BB weight then it goes together. I want the OEM handlebar weight so I fashioned myself an about 2” connector from the BB bar (the curvy one) to the BB adapter out of 1/8” aluminum plate and screwed it together w/ stainless steel bolts and nuts. Should hold for the type of stuff I’m doing, and it’s far enough away from the brake cylinder and line to not hit anything. Would be nice if BB had a small enough adapter . . . 10 years from now I’ll just print my own part at home :)

Welcome feedback if anyone was able to keep the throttle-side weights in and put in the BB without any issues like mine!
Nice solution! I continue to ride without the internal or external weights and do not notice any vibration to speak of on my 21.

LED aux lights and the necessary wiring and mounting hardware. Chelhead random Amazon models with Cree bulbs. I've used this sort successfully on many bikes, never a problem.
Apologies if you already posted this and I am not seeing it -- did you get the lights installed? If so, are you happy with how they work?

I am looking to add lights now that I got the R-Gaza engine guard bars installed last fall, and I think a no-name-brand Amazon option would be fine. I don't need the fancy Denali lights. However, there are so many options to chose from, so I would prefer to go with something that another NC700X rider has already bought and tried out, rather than take my chances. Thanks in adavance!

Apologies if you already posted this and I am not seeing it -- did you get the lights installed? If so, are you happy with how they work?

I am looking to add lights now that I got the R-Gaza engine guard bars installed last fall, and I think a no-name-brand Amazon option would be fine. I don't need the fancy Denali lights. However, there are so many options to chose from, so I would prefer to go with something that another NC700X rider has already bought and tried out, rather than take my chances. Thanks in adavance!
I reached out to @dduelin for advice on this topic and he suggested I research these and consider if they were right for me. I "bench" tested these on the bike (switch issues) and they provide very good conspicuity and excellent road illumination.

I used these mounts.

I just installed them so I cannot speak to durability. Though I hope they are long lasting, at this price it doesn't really matter too much.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpeg
    IMG_0498.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
That's odd you found it was not possible but just another way of doing things. The bar end parts involved on the 2021 and all preceding model years are exactly the same according to Honda part schematics. As you say the BB bolt comes with a slightly different countersunk oval head and is black instead of silver. The BB bolts are purpose made and were impossible to find at fastener supply houses when I installed the first set of Bark Busters. I wanted longer bolts because I did not want to remove the bar end weights but the odd oval countersunk head is not standard. I think you will miss the bar end weights due to the vibrations peculiar to this engine. The stock 6mm x 65mm bolt does not thread as far into the handlebars as the BB does but it's plenty secure. Unfortunately I've tested it a few times by dropping the bike on the left side. Not this one but my 2015.

Oxford sure cuts the heated grip wire harness short. Another owner posted a similar install with the same strain on the wires exiting the controller. Can you pull up some slack and give the wires some strain relief at the awkward bend?

View attachment 48148
Sorry, just to be clear, because I want to go the BB route, too, you simply used the OEM bolt? Did you have to move the internal piece farther out to get a purchase on the thread? TIA

Sorry, just to be clear, because I want to go the BB route, too, you simply used the OEM bolt? Did you have to move the internal piece farther out to get a purchase on the thread? TIA
Simply used the OEM screw. It won't thread into the internal bar weight as far as before because of the thickness of the BB's aluminum frame. I have not yet found that to be a problem.

I reached out to @dduelin for advice on this topic and he suggested I research these and consider if they were right for me. I "bench" tested these on the bike (switch issues) and they provide very good conspicuity and excellent road illumination.
Thank you! These were the exact ones I had in my cart already. I didn't look into mounting brackets yet, so this will save me some research.

I am not overly worried about durability. I do hope they last a good long time. But, electrical work does not scare me, so if I have to return / replace them at some point it's no big deal.

I just installed them so I cannot speak to durability. Though I hope they are long lasting, at this price it doesn't really matter too much.
Looks like it has been about 4 months or so since you got these installed. How are you liking them so far?

I am very happy so far. (The mounts were a different story, ended up getting rid of the chunky aluminum brackets for something more slim and streamlined).

So far, so good. Neither the lights nor the mounts have given me any problems. I’m confident that they are improving daytime conspicuity, but I have Skene Photon blasters too. I believe these would be much too bright for on road use without a dimmer after sundown, but I've only used them after nightfall in my subdivision. On my last trip over to Miami I did get a couple of flashbacks from oncoming drivers during the daylight hours, despite being adjusted properly.

That's odd you found it was not possible but just another way of doing things. The bar end parts involved on the 2021 and all preceding model years are exactly the same according to Honda part schematics. As you say the BB bolt comes with a slightly different countersunk oval head and is black instead of silver. The BB bolts are purpose made and were impossible to find at fastener supply houses when I installed the first set of Bark Busters. I wanted longer bolts because I did not want to remove the bar end weights but the odd oval countersunk head is not standard. I think you will miss the bar end weights due to the vibrations peculiar to this engine. The stock 6mm x 65mm bolt does not thread as far into the handlebars as the BB does but it's plenty secure. Unfortunately I've tested it a few times by dropping the bike on the left side. Not this one but my 2015.

Oxford sure cuts the heated grip wire harness short. Another owner posted a similar install with the same strain on the wires exiting the controller. Can you pull up some slack and give the wires some strain relief at the awkward bend?

View attachment 48148
I was able to order longer bolts to fit the OEM weights. 80 mm. I ordered from The Nutty Company.
https://www.nutty.com/m6-x-1-0-x-80-flat-head-socket-cap-screw-a2-stainless-steel-din-7991/
SKU: XMFSC680
Minimum order is a package of ten costing $5.00 total plus shipping.

Thanks, dduelin. I think it was me who you advised to give more slack to the Oxford heated grips controller wire harness cover. I took your suggestion and moved things around to get more slack - no more white and red wires showing.

Back