• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally pulled the trigger on a new seat

SilverRocket

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I took a ride through the hills in Malibu yesterday. Up and down Corral Canyon and then took Malibu Canyon over to Mulholland. Did not go up the Snake, but cut over to Kanan Dume Rd and had lunch.
On the way back home my posterior demanded I pull over. I just can't seem to get more than about 50 miles on the stock seat before it gets uncomfortable.

So just by coincidence I get a "Suggested Post" today in my Facebook feed that Sargent is having a sale.
Use FF2017 for 10% off.
So I got the base seat, after putting off purchasing one for a while now.

If anyone else is on the cusp on deciding to upgrade the stock seat here's something to help.
Looks like it's good until the end of Nov.

Sargent Cycle Products - FALL FRENZY 2017

Love my Sargent saddle on my 2016 NC. They frequently offer that 10% discount. I had to return the first one Sargent sent due to poor fitment, but they got it right the second time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had the same issue. Felt like I was riding on rocks. Vets and military get a 10% discount everyday. I have the front seat on but haven't had time to put the back cover on yet.

My seat arrived sooner than expected!
The Sargent seat looks like the OEM seat until you flip it over. The undersides are completely different.

As I should have expected, the installation instructions were incorrect. It called for a 5 mm allen wrench (not needed, unless I missed something) and an 8mm socket wrench (too small. I used a 10mm).
Stock seat came off easily. I pulled off its collar/bushing and rubber grommet with some help from a phillips head screwdriver and slipped them onto the Sargent.

After the issues I had installing a Corbin seat on a previous bike I used the phillips head to line up the holes on one side while I installed the bolt on the other side but that wasn't really needed as I could push the seat down enough to where the bolt slid in pretty easily.

The seat appears stock and matches the rear well enough, but the front doesn't line up with the frunk as well. There's a bit of a gap. I removed the seat and tried again. Nope...
It feels a bit wider but I seem to be able to get both feet down flat the same way as before.

Went for a 40 minute ride cruising around the streets of Bel-Air. I couldn't believe the size of some of the mansions.
Seat felt fine, but it will probably take a long ride of about an hour to really put it to the test.

20171108_124157.jpg20171108_124119.jpg20171108_123109.jpg20171108_123043.jpg

I do not have this seat but do have a Corbin seat that I really like. I must say that I would contact the company about the fit ! IMO it just doesn't look right.

It may not fit snug up at the front but it doesn't have that slanted feel to it that the stock seat had and I don't find myself sliding forward as often.

That aside, I still don't feel much of a difference over the stock seat.
I've only been doing city riding so far, maybe a 1/2 hour making my way home through the westside of L.A. during evening rush hour.
Currently trying to find somewhere to ride to for a few days vacation.

Back