• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First ride on new NC compared to last bike.

750dct

Reaction score
Visit site
The new DCT model rode a little rougher than my 2018 model Z900RS Kawasaki, the seat wasn't quite as cushy, I leaned a little more over the tank, and I had to raise my legs up farther to use the foot pegs. Other than that, I like the new NC750X DCT a lot. I really liked the Kawi but it was a crotch rocket, and I must have forgotten I wasn't 30 anymore when I bought it.

Hard to compare those 2 bikes, a 58 hp pseudo adv 270 p twin automatic and a 110 hp pseudo retro I-4 standard shift.

Took me awhile to make the adjustment coming from an FJR. And honestly there are still days I miss the power and smoothness of the Yammie, but I have come to accept the NCs limitations, and it's positive attributes.

Last edited:
Hard to compare those 2 bikes, a 58 hp pseudo adv 270 p twin automatic and a 110 hp pseudo retro I-4 standard shift.

Took me awhile to make the adjustment coming from an FJR. And honestly there are still days I miss the power and smoothness of the Yammie, but I have come to accept the NCs limitations, and iit's positive attributes.
Not comparing the power, that is a no brainer. Just commenting on a few things I can surely get used to. Of course I miss flying up an on ramp now and then.

It’s got a frunk. That make up for some of the lost HP doesn’t
No, it's all good, at my age I'm done with the horsepower. I was just commenting on some subtle differences. Actually, cracking on the Kawi scared me after not riding for 30 years. It has the same power as the Suzuki 1100 I drag raced back in the eighties. My feet are numb on the bottom also and I am tired of shifting 6 speeds anyway. The NC is just the ticket for me.

No, it's all good, at my age I'm done with the horsepower. I was just commenting on some subtle differences. Actually, cracking on the Kawi scared me after not riding for 30 years. It has the same power as the Suzuki 1100 I drag raced back in the eighties. My feet are numb on the bottom also and I am tired of shifting 6 speeds anyway. The NC is just the ticket for me.
DCT are pure joy to ride. They allow one to be very smoooth. The sign of a good bike rider is one who moves through the gears up or down while holding a straight line.
I always have 2 fingers on the break lever for quick engagement when necessary but also to hold a steady throttle setting at low ground speed.
I pride myself in being an excellent 'slow racer'; crawling at a snails' pace while not putting down my feet.

At the new manufacturer bike rallies in Asheville NC in the 90s' I was always impressed with how steady the BMW Road Captain was.
He was good and in some national televised BMW ads. He told me his R bike was fitted with a rear tire up front, that I noticed and asked him about, because he was sloshing through muddy terrain the day of the shooting.
At mid demo ride once he demonstrated a K16 full-on ABS braking at about 50+ on a gravel/paved parking lot, in total control.

Last edited:
Back