• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

for those in the US looking for clear lenses

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped by my dealer today to see if they were able to order the European spec front and rear signal lenses that are smoked clear with an amber bulb behind them. They were not able to order them. I got to looking at the clear lenses on the rear of a CBR1000R. They looked very similar. Out came the screw driver and sure enough they are a direct replacement for the NC. I order 2 sets. One set is available and they are back-ordered after that. I will have one set on Wed. So for those of you looking to get rid of the amber lenses here is your answer.

I stopped by my dealer today to see if they were able to order the European spec front and rear signal lenses that are smoked clear with an amber bulb behind them. They were not able to order them. I got to looking at the clear lenses on the rear of a CBR1000R. They looked very similar. Out came the screw driver and sure enough they are a direct replacement for the NC. I order 2 sets. One set is available and they are back-ordered after that. I will have one set on Wed. So for those of you looking to get rid of the amber lenses here is your answer.

But you also have to replace your clear bulbs with amber bulbs?

Awesome news if it works out! It was a brand new CBR1000R I take it?

Yes sorry it was the 2012 CBR1000RR (the full on sport bike not the naked street fighter). It only has these lenses on the rear, but ours uses the same lenses front and rear.

But you also have to replace your clear bulbs with amber bulbs?

Yes you would. They are a standard bulb. Dual filament in the front and single filament in the rear.

I just went through the same proceedure today. The parts guy confirmed that the lens housing part number is identical for the two bikes. The left side clear (lightly smoked) number is 33652-MFL-405 and the right side is 33602-MFL-405. They were $7.27 each at my Colorado dealer. You will still need the amber bulbs. I also asked about the center stand. I was told they won't be available until November, and the price will be $149 for the kit with the bolts, spring, etc.

Last edited:
I just checked the bulbs. Front is a standard 1157. The rear is a standard 1156. Both are easy to find at any auto zone or similar store. Now the real question is do I want red or amber signals in the rear. Legally here it makes no difference and both colors are readily available. Decisions decisions

@gpd211, what a relief to know Honda was kind enough to use commonly used bulbs! I would have had to go to the dealer to get a bulb for my BMW or Ducati, or found an exorbitantly priced one on line. Also, it looks like the japan.webike.com site is now supplying honda rear racks and side mounts. No pictures, but the information is there. HONDA : Rear Carrier bracket [08L72MGSJ30]

Just went to AutoZone and picked up 1157A and 1156A bulbs. For the four bulbs it was around $10 inc tax. The A at the end indicates they are amber bulbs for anyone ordering them online.

I just ordered one set and will put them on the front. If I like them and they look alot better, I'll order another set for the rear. Thanks to those that found these

@arefog, you can find the center stand available for immediate delivery for $114.00 plus $35.00 shipping at Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike. I and at least one other member have purchased from them. And it's a genuine Honda stand.

To our down south U.S. brothers, you can always look up north, Canadian dealers also have parts. Center stands and some other original Honda parts (mentioned in other threads) are available. Now the question is if they will ship to you. If you are lucky enough or have cousins or friends live up here maybe can help to bring over.

I just called my local dealer here in Melbourne, FL and they can order the 33652-MFL-405 / 33602-MFL-405 @ $7.40 each. Good job & thanks for the information. :cool:

33652-MFL-405 / 33602-MFL-405 @ $7.40 each. Good job & thanks for the information. :cool:

Those are the correct numbers. You are better off to take these numbers to the dealer than to have them look it up. There are different (meaning amber) lenses for different CBR models. Just found this out. Now I have to wait til Friday for my new lenses

Those are the correct numbers. You are better off to take these numbers to the dealer than to have them look it up. There are different (meaning amber) lenses for different CBR models. Just found this out. Now I have to wait til Friday for my new lenses

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

I just checked the bulbs. Front is a standard 1157. The rear is a standard 1156. Both are easy to find at any auto zone or similar store. Now the real question is do I want red or amber signals in the rear. Legally here it makes no difference and both colors are readily available. Decisions decisions

gpd211,

FYI. I did mine.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Back