• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

for those in the US looking for clear lenses

On the US bike the front act as running lights and turn signals so the bulbs for those are standard 1157A. The rear is a turn signal only so its a standard 1156A bulb.

On a side note Fedex didn't show up today so after the leg work to find the clear lenses I still don't have them. Such is my luck

On the US bike the front act as running lights and turn signals so the bulbs for those are standard 1157A. The rear is a turn signal only so its a standard 1156A bulb.

On a side note Fedex didn't show up today so after the leg work to find the clear lenses I still don't have them. Such is my luck

Yep, $6.00 later (no Oregon sales tax) - GE brand. Sorry to hear that - probably the holiday messed up shipping.

I just went through the same proceedure today. The parts guy confirmed that the lens housing part number is identical for the two bikes. The left side clear (lightly smoked) number is 33652-MFL-405 and the right side is 33602-MFL-405. They were $7.27 each.

Man, you guys are awesome! I've seen the "clear" lenses on the new CBR at the dealer and wondered if they would fit. Makes sense, as it helps Big Red to keep production costs down on newly crafted components. I'm gonna check with my dealer this weekend! :eek:

Question.. is there 2 diff versions of clear now? One looks "smoked" like the Euro version, one looks clear. Or is my mind playing tricks on me.. again?

Actually, I think they are sold as clear but they look slightly smoked to me. Not as dark as a lot of them I've seen on other bikes. The European photos I think are taken in lower light and it makes them look darker than they really are. Either way, you'll like them for sure.

Question.. is there 2 diff versions of clear now? One looks "smoked" like the Euro version, one looks clear. Or is my mind playing tricks on me.. again?

I think there are two versions. You eyes are OK.:cool:
Mine is smoked version.

Actually, I think they are sold as clear but they look slightly smoked to me. Not as dark as a lot of them I've seen on other bikes. The European photos I think are taken in lower light and it makes them look darker than they really are. Either way, you'll like them for sure.

I think yours is clear version.

I will take pictures again in the daytime when I get the chance.

Same in Canada, I just replaced mine with 1157A (dual filament) and 1156A and they look and worked perfectly. Thanks gpd211!

I think there are two versions. You eyes are OK.:cool:
Mine is smoked version.

I think yours is clear version.

I will take pictures again in the daytime when I get the chance.

I did a side-by-side comparison against my direct sunlight photo vs. indirect light of the same lens. When viewed in the indirect light, they appear to have a smoke tint. When I ordered lenses for the rear my local Honda dealer confirmed there's only one part number for the CBR1000RR.

Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 9.23.19 AM.jpg

Last edited:
You are right, either way I will like them! haha. I ordered mine yesterday (before I noticed a possible difference of course) I just would like them slightly more with a darker tint, but NBD, I can tint them myself if necessary.

at $5.23 ea, another nice cheap mod.

The ones I ordered online got superseded to 33652-MFL-307 and 33602-MFL-307. Apparently they are the same, but with the mounting screw. (fingers crossed)

There will be a small ear on the piece of the lens that takes the screw. A utility knife takes care of that. You really do have to trim at least some of it off or the lens will not seat properly.

If the stock ear is in the 3 o'clock position the ear on the clear lens in in the 9 o'clock. The ears can be trimmed off completely and they work great.

I used side cutter/plier to cut it off completely. Although it seems to fit perfectly I still feel the edge is not as smooth as stock.

After riding in downpour and strong wind I could see some water residue and mist inside the cover. It actually blown one of my amber bulb... I suspected the rain water actually sipped through the screw. I am going to use the transparent caulk to seal it off.

Bummer-Hummer--18330.jpg

This is why we have a forum here for the NC700X.

I used side cutter/plier to cut it off completely. Although it seems to fit perfectly I still feel the edge is not as smooth as stock.

After riding in downpour and strong wind I could see some water residue and mist inside the cover. It actually blown one of my amber bulb... I suspected the rain water actually sipped through the screw. I am going to use the transparent caulk to seal it off.

Are the part numbers listed above (33652-MFL-307 and 33602-MFL-307) a single item each Left and Right or is it a set of two lefts and two rights?

I can tell 33652-MFL-307 is for the Left and 33602-MFL-307 is for the right. I just don't know if each part is one or two pieces. I assume it is just one each since it is just for the rear of a CBR1000RR, but I'd like verification.

I'm asking cause I guess I'd have to order 2 of each part number (for a total of 4) to replace the fronts and rears.

Correct?
Thank you.

Are the part numbers listed above (33652-MFL-307 and 33602-MFL-307) a single item each Left and Right or is it a set of two lefts and two rights?

I can tell 33652-MFL-307 is for the Left and 33602-MFL-307 is for the right. I just don't know if each part is one or two pieces. I assume it is just one each since it is just for the rear of a CBR1000RR, but I'd like verification.

I'm asking cause I guess I'd have to order 2 of each part number (for a total of 4) to replace the fronts and rears.

Correct?
Thank you.

Correct you will have to order two of each

Back