• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

fork boots

I measured my forks and the tubes are 41mm (known). The O.D. where the seals are is 64mm. Does anyone know the dimensions of the boots? I'm hoping they are a snug fit on both dimensions.

Hey Hammer, nice score on the second pair! The boots will more than likely only be snug at the 64mm attaching location(most likely). :{P

Good news/Bad news day. I ordered the ones from post #22 off Ebay. Good news. My fork boots arrived today. Bad news. They are way too small in diameter on both ends. I should have known when the add didn't list the diameters. These are 45mm and 30mm. I need 64mm and 41mm. Good thing they weren't expensive. So the search goes on unless someone has a link to boots that actually fit our bikes.

Good news/Bad news day. I ordered the ones from post #22 off Ebay. Good news. My fork boots arrived today. Bad news. They are way too small in diameter on both ends. I should have known when the add didn't list the diameters. These are 45mm and 30mm. I need 64mm and 41mm. Good thing they weren't expensive. So the search goes on unless someone has a link to boots that actually fit our bikes.

Here are the ones I got, fit fine, work good. Shock Sox Street Fork Covers for V-Twin 6C-BLACK-BSM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X3WX8XP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_mtHuDbG5VBD7S

Last edited:
These are a good fit for the 41mm end; zip tie. So slightly loose on the bottom; could use the included zip tie to snug it on there, but then again it seems to be staying put for the moment just pulled down between the fender and fork. Pricier than eBay, but is an EMGO branded part and more dependable vendor most likely.

Actually, I like the idea of the bottoms being a little loose. If any water got inside the boots, it could drain.

Actually, I like the idea of the bottoms being a little loose. If any water got inside the boots, it could drain.

AGREE
Fork boots that hold water are worse than no boots..........first rule of mods........”do no harm”.
The better ones have drain holes on the back lowest pleat.

These are a good fit for the 41mm end; zip tie. So slightly loose on the bottom; could use the included zip tie to snug it on there, but then again it seems to be staying put for the moment just pulled down between the fender and fork. Pricier than eBay, but is an EMGO branded part and more dependable vendor most likely.

V-Factor Black Fork Boots for 41mm Forks - 36300 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle | Dennis Kirk

I looked at these. I'm looking for a better fit to the lower leg. Too big of a gap 64mm to 75mm. Using a tie wrap will bunch up the excess or not provide a good seal. These boots have vent holes to allow them to "breathe". I looked at Moto Guzzi V7 fork boots but they are expensive 80 - 90 USD! Yikes.

Sorry for not updating. I gave up on that pair, never removed them from the package, realizing I'll have to remove the forks to slip them on.

I got this pair off ebay -
IMG_20190816_120653.jpg

No idea if they're any good, or if these glue stripes are enough for anything, so I'm kinda stalling.

Sorry for not updating. I gave up on that pair, never removed them from the package, realizing I'll have to remove the forks to slip them on.

I got this pair off ebay -
View attachment 38930

No idea if they're any good, or if these glue stripes are enough for anything, so I'm kinda stalling.

Those are taller than most others. Do you have a link? You could always back up the 3M tape with a black tie wrap.

Those are pretty cool Kaz, got any pictures of yours installed? Haha, I think i'll make my own from a piece of black Coroplast in a similar shape and zip tie them on.

My dust seals (thought they were oil seals) are kinda cracked. Back then I didn't want to cover them so I could inspect and ask a mechanic/ random people around my bike. That's how I found they are dust seals :eek:

Dug the fork protectors from the closet with some other mismatched / untried ebay stuff
nc700x.jpg

The diameter seems right. I'll try to put them on tomorrow and upload a pic

This is how it looks:

IMG_20191006_162942.jpg

IMG_20191006_162915.jpg

Don't know if it's safe to remove the zip ties, and leaving them on may hint to the fact that they can be pulled off.

I think I'll replace with a bigger black zip tie (Currently it's 2 small ones connected to each other on each side) and see if it stays on the bike.

As far as protection - you tell me. It's not airtight so I guess no humidity buildup issues.

I think cutting up the rubber boots and slapping them on with zip ties is the best setup- protects more area, noone's likely to take torn boots (and they're 4$ anyway so who cares), and still not airtight.

Last edited:
Back