• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Extension Install How-To Video for the NC700X

I did the 2" fork extension a long time ago, I didn't notice a huge change in the handling. Honestly I think you would feel a bigger change going to a wider tire up front than the fork extension.
I did add to the kickstand as the bike had a serious lean after, also putting the bike on the center stand is easier as the bike stands taller. When on the center stand the rear tire is just barely touching the ground, you can grab the rear tire and move it but it rubs.
The benefits for me were more ground clearance, more tire clearance up front, less seat angle, taller handlebars, and my windshield was a little taller.
It does raise the seat height a bit, but not as much as you would think since the seat is so close to the rear tire, so if your vertically challenged your probably going to want to skip this mod.

I guess I'm a little late to the conversation but I happened to find this thread and I felt like somebody might can help me or know something about what I'm considering. So I know there is experience in using fork extenders in this thread but what about using shorter rear suspension links? I've seen them called "Jack-Up Kits" or Tail Risers. I was wondering if any of y'all had experience with these? I've dealt with lowering links but never "lifting" links I guess I would call it that? Anyways I wanted to bring that up if, one, anybody here has had experience with this item or, two, if any of y'all wanted to give it a shot in order to gain ride height and I read it stiffens the rear shock also. I will be purchasing a new NC700X soon and plan on putting the fork extenders and links on there to improve clearance for offroading. I'll be sure to send feedback after getting all my work done if anybody here would like to know about it. It probably won't be within this month but hopefully next, at the least before August ends.

I'm sorry I wish I did.. I am curious about it though my future goal is increased rear shock travel and damping... If I could make this bike even half as good off road as a DR 650, it would be the perfect bike.

I hear the Ohlins shock is a really great rear shock to use. It has adjustable dampening, rebound, and shock length I believe. Right now I believe I'm set on going with the Ohlins rear shock and Racetech front springs along with a 40mm tail riser rear link and 2 inch fork enxtensions. I'll more than likely go ahead and put a 120/90r17 front tire one instead of the stock 120/70r17 to help out the offroad capabilities of the NC. I just came off my XR650L onto the NC700X so I do enjoy the smoothness of the NC over the XR however I would definitely appreciate having a more dirtbike feel if only slightly improving the off-road riding characteristics and letting the on-road riding characteristics drop off some. I'm not a drag-knee kinda guy, I just like to cruise around and hit some curvies (but not like you would on a CBR) and then hotrod around in the dirt a little. Mostly gravel/dirt roads, forestry roads, and maybe even some tighter trails occasionally and I reckon that's why I see fit to put all that on there.

I got myself an CTX and while it is nice to ride, cornering lets the footpegs scrape quite early. Way to early. Even the sidestand already touched the ground.
Not very suprisingly, since it ahs basically the same frame and more like the NC-S or X.

Now i would love to have a bit more ground-clearance, so the cornering isn't as dangerous as it is now.

But i have a hard time finding such fork-extensions here in europe. Can anyone tell me what kind of thread the fork-caps have? I'd love to look for myself, but the bike is currently at a place where i can't start working when and how ever i like.

Would be much appreciated!

I know this thread has beed dead for year, but I'd still give it a last shot. I recently broke my neck, so I decided not to hesitate any longer - if I'll be riding again (and I'm quite sure I will!) - I want the bike to be even better

I want to install 1" fork extensions, and 1" rear jack-up-kit. The latter I've got in my garage, but I'm not sure which fork extensions to get. It's not like there's a lot to choose from, but the link in the previous post is broken, and the closest one I can find is this one: https://vtxtreme.com/motorcycle-aftermarket-products/honda/vtx1300/vtx1300-fork-extension/

It is 41mm - but it is aluminium for the 1". Is that ok? Maybe I should have someone local engineer it in stainless steel, but I then also could use info about the threads needed.

Anyone still here? :)

Hello
"Old" plugs (wrench 17 mm), thread M37x1mm, depth 18 mm (max around 23 ?)
Two bad photos...
bouchon-fourche-NCX.jpgfiletageHautTube.jpg

Last edited:
I know this thread has beed dead for year, but I'd still give it a last shot. I recently broke my neck, so I decided not to hesitate any longer - if I'll be riding again (and I'm quite sure I will!) - I want the bike to be even better

I want to install 1" fork extensions, and 1" rear jack-up-kit. The latter I've got in my garage, but I'm not sure which fork extensions to get. It's not like there's a lot to choose from, but the link in the previous post is broken, and the closest one I can find is this one: https://vtxtreme.com/motorcycle-aftermarket-products/honda/vtx1300/vtx1300-fork-extension/

It is 41mm - but it is aluminium for the 1". Is that ok? Maybe I should have someone local engineer it in stainless steel, but I then also could use info about the threads needed.

Anyone still here? :)
I also would be hesitant with aluminum extensions. My concern would be the strength of the threads. As for having someone local make them, all they should need is your existing fork cap to measure thread pitch and depth.

Back