• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Extension Mod Complete

DanWill

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got the extenders back, holiday got in the way... Anyway, as far as I'm concerned this mod is a complete success.
Got the lift on the front end I wanted and the added ground clearance. It may not have made a huge difference as far as off road potential, but I think it looks much more like an adventure bike with the front end lifted. No longer need the seat slope mod either.

I've ridden it twice about 40 miles and I can't feel any real difference in the way the bike handles. Still twitchy and easy to put into a lean/turn at a moments notice, still able to make a full stop and pull away without putting a foot down. I ride the quarter mile on/off my property through dirt/sand up and down hill and usually in first gear, and slow riding on the pegs or seat are stable and still incredibly easy.

Putting the bike on the center stand the rear wheel is about a half inch off the ground, which just makes it really easy to do. As far as the sidestand, I'm working on an extender for it. I've put the bike on the sidestand, and it holds it, but it really leans so that mod is in work!

Pictures... IMG_20130603_101343_932.jpgIMG_20130603_101413_041.jpg

Forgot... the company I got the 2" fork extenders from is The Original Billski Mods, Inc. and the extenders for the NC's forks are the same as for the Honda Magna.

No, same suspension travel. I wanted more ground clearance, more height on my bars and windshield also, and this seemed the easier way to do all that. Of course since starting this a month ago I gave in and got the madstad windshield, and honestly... it doesn't suck! Now my bike makes funny noises.. like engine noises and all the other things I couldn't hear before. :)

No, pretty happy with the way the rear is set up. Still want to have the gold tech valves put in the forks but the suspension in the rear is fine for me.

Oh, I put the extensions on without moving the handlebars or any of the plastics. Ten minute job to put them on and get them adjusted to the right height on both sides. Very simple.

Last edited:
Just realized that my hand never fell asleep on the way to work. Thats a first... Could also have been the grip puppies that I installed while waiting on the extenders to come back.

Just long enough, if I was going another half inch, I would replace it!!

Thanks for this post/follow up with these extenders!

Just posted elswhere this morning about clacking my skidplate (apparently...) bad enough to cause my centrestand to not work. oof.:(

I had been a wee bit skeptical with the lack of ground clearance, and well duh, I guess I made my fears come true, lol. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about these things last night, but couldn't remember where I saw the post in the forum. Perfect timing! :D I realize they don't give you more travel, and I'm perfectly ok with that. (Until I win the lottery, and can swap in spendy suspenders of course)

Now to lurk the 'net for longer rear shocks, heehee.

An irony is, I had purchased some lowering links from Lee, before I even bought my bike, I think, 'cause I was concerned it might end up too tall with some TKC 80's mounted. Trying to out-guess myself never works for me, damnit. :eek:

An irony is, I had purchased some lowering links from Lee, before I even bought my bike, I think, 'cause I was concerned it might end up too tall with some TKC 80's mounted. Trying to out-guess myself never works for me, damnit. :eek:

Seems there is a market for the lowering links here. My Russell seat reduced my leg reach enough that a two inch extension would have me on the toes.

Otherwise, it looks to be a nice improvement.

Seems there is a market for the lowering links here. My Russell seat reduced my leg reach enough that a two inch extension would have me on the toes.

With just the stock seat, my stubby little landing gear will probably have me tippy toeing, but thankfully-

I spent a good 9-10 hours in the saddle yesterday and I never thought anything about my seat other than "Boy, this seat sure doesn't bother me" lol :D

Maybe it's just such an improvement over my BMW seat, which was truly hideous...

With just the stock seat, my stubby little landing gear will probably have me tippy toeing, but thankfully-

I spent a good 9-10 hours in the saddle yesterday and I never thought anything about my seat other than "Boy, this seat sure doesn't bother me" lol :D

Maybe it's just such an improvement over my BMW seat, which was truly hideous...

must have an hard ass or ya got no nerves in ya back sides;)

I was really surprised that I didn't notice the difference when I stood up with the bike for the first time, felt the same to me. I think maybe I am closer to the frunk where the seat is narrower offsetting the difference in height. Either way I'm 5'10 or so and my feet are flat on the ground. As far as the seating I feel a little higher, and I didn't slide forward at all today on the way to work. I'm pretty happy with the results. Was worried the handling would change enough to bug me and make me want to remove them, but so far its all good.

Nine or ten hours in the saddle would have me taking loong breaks and walking/stretching! Thats a good day right there!

So now we need to find a rear shock that will fit and is about 2" longer.
We found that a SV650 shock fits a GS500 and is longer and a RT1150 shock fits a Vstrom and is of much better quality,so there should be one out there that will fit our X's !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a set. I may try running them at +1" first to see how I do with the leg reach. I'll make a 1/2" footpad for the side stand out of UHMWPE.

Just long enough, if I was going another half inch, I would replace it!!

do you still have enough play for the brake cable to stretch?
1/2" will not be good enough or long enough.
all very well when suspension sink but it will also go up.that's suspension do.
a lot of folks forget about this.
they only think in compression no thought is given to rebound until it happens.
and the last thing you want is for the brake tube tear open and all the fluid all over you and your nice paint work.
so bare this in mind .

Back