• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Forma Adventure Boots

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all. I’m looking for a good set of adventure style boots and found a lot of folks on the Forum seem to really like the Forma adventure boots. I’ve read however that some riders have issues getting them under the shifter. Has anyone here experienced that? I’d really don’t want to adjust my shifter too. Thanks.

Hey Rabbit, I've run a couple of pairs of forma nero touring boots in the past. They were good, cheap boots that lasted well.

It's not a big deal adjusting the shifter, might take you 5 minutes of work with a basic spanner.

Wheel-of-Steel, thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I went and looked last night and the Nero is being discontinued. Seems that’s always the way it happens for me. I am looking at the Forma Cape Horn and Forma ADV touring boots. I’m just a little concerned about the life span of the Velcro closure systems

Seems to be the best time to buy boots is when they are discontinued. The price of the boots on clearance is often a lot less than list price. Finding your size can be the challenge.

That’s always my problem. I’m a10/44 typically so my size seems to always sell out first

Wheel-of-Steel, thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I went and looked last night and the Nero is being discontinued. Seems that’s always the way it happens for me. I am looking at the Forma Cape Horn and Forma ADV touring boots. I’m just a little concerned about the life span of the Velcro closure systems
I think you are totally on the right path with avoiding the velcro enclosures. From my experience that is the first part to go. To be specific for me it was the closures near the angle that are exposed to the most pressure. The other ones are still working 6 years later.

I am looking at the Forma Cape Horn and Forma ADV touring boots

Ive been trying to decide between the Forma ADV Tourer and the SIDI Canyon.

I currently have a pair of Forma boots and love them. Just wish mine had some shin protection.

Ive been trying to decide between the Forma ADV Tourer and the SIDI Canyon.

I currently have a pair of Forma boots and love them. Just wish mine had some shin protection.
If you’re not going off road I’d pick the ADV tourers. I think the canyons are a bit much for what they are.

If you’re not going off road I’d pick the ADV tourers. I think the canyons are a bit much for what they are.
People who own them rave about their comfort and their durability, and I tend to trust products when a huge % of users give nearly unanimous reviews across several different forums.

That’s fair. I guess the 300+ price tag for a non goretex boot just isn’t worth it for me but if they’re that good I might give them another look!

That’s fair. I guess the 300+ price tag for a non goretex boot just isn’t worth it for me but if they’re that good I might give them another look!
Never mind they are goretex. I guess they’re totally worth the price. Now I’ll definitely look at them

I have a pair of Cape Horns that I got as a slightly early Christmas present. Haven’t had much time on them yet, but they’re nice so far. They require a much different way of interacting with the pedals compared to my road racing boots.

I couldn’t really see the point of the Adventure boots. They really don’t have lateral ankle support beyond that of average work boots, but they’re quite pricey in comparison. It just wasn’t a good trade for me.

I have a pair of Cape Horns that I got as a slightly early Christmas present. Haven’t had much time on them yet, but they’re nice so far. They require a much different way of interacting with the pedals compared to my road racing boots.

What is the difference in interaction? I’m really curious. I’m currently using a pair of Icon varial boots. They’re ok but I really don’t think they are any better than my steel toed work boots. They just don’t feel very substantial.

As compared with my road race boots, the Cape Horn boots are very stiff in (what I think is properly called) ankle flexion and extension, meaning it’s kinda tough to point your toe up and down. That means you kinda move your leg to shift, particularly up-shift, instead of just flexing your ankle. Cant say how much this will reduce or go away as the boots break in more.

Feel is also poor compared to my road race boots.

MX boots would of course be even worse in these areas.

As compared with my road race boots, the Cape Horn boots are very stiff in (what I think is properly called) ankle flexion and extension, meaning it’s kinda tough to point your toe up and down. That means you kinda move your leg to shift, particularly up-shift, instead of just flexing your ankle. Cant say how much this will reduce or go away as the boots break in more.

Sounds like I’m going for the ADV touring boots. Thanks for the feedback!

I would expect the ADV touring type boots to be worse than the Cape Horn in these ways, because the Cape Horn is the touring end of ADV touring boots. However, if you get a chance to try both I’d love to hear your review!

Ah. Yes, I was thinking of the Forma Adventure boots. The ADV Tourer is Forma's next step from the Cape Horn toward a straight touring boot, isn't it? So they may require less adaptation than the Cape Horn.

Ah. Yes, I was thinking of the Forma Adventure boots. The ADV Tourer is Forma's next step from the Cape Horn toward a straight touring boot, isn't it? So they may require less adaptation than the Cape Horn.
Yes it’s basically a touring boot with ADV style and full height.

Can you tell me if your Cape Horn boots are CE level 2? I’ve read the adventure boots are but not sure about those.

Back