• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Found 2 bikes for sale and need help negotiating price.

I was able to negotiate some, however, you don't have much leverage over the phone on bikes that are in short supply. They had about $800 in fees, freight, prep, etc.
The only other new 2020 DCT I could find was a lot farther away. I did not want the lowered 2021 model even if there were any.

The used local dealer finally got back to me. That bike is gone already too. No point in updating websites or deleting listings right? 3 dealers, 3 bikes 2 long been sold and the 3rd pending sale.

I don't really want a new 2021 either after thinking. Lower seat, red, accessory lights running all the time.

Maybe someday I'll find a 2020. DCT

The used local dealer finally got back to me. That bike is gone already too. No point in updating websites or deleting listings right? 3 dealers, 3 bikes 2 long been sold and the 3rd pending sale.

I don't really want a new 2021 either after thinking. Lower seat, red, accessory lights running all the time.

Honda's main colors seem to be red or black. Sooner or later they will offer black again. But then the lowered suspension is probably here to stay.

Well, an unexpected twist. Recieved a Facebook message back from Sales manager I messaged two days ago about the local bike. He said the bike has been in the shop for a few weeks waiting on new tires to arrive. The salesman that left a message today saying it was sold said he checked the system for used bikes and it was no longer listed. Little did he know, someone screwed up and listed it as a new bike which is why he didn't see it in the system or on the floor telling me it was sold.
In the end, it was available and they offered it at the price listed with brand new Bridgestone Battle axe adventure touring tires or as is for $400 off to get my own tires. Current tires are Dunlop trailmax
I put $1k down on the bike to hold it and need to decide what tires to get and when to take it for a ride or pick it up.
$8399 plus TTL and $175 dealer fee. better than the 800+ new bike fee.
It's not new but hopefully close enough to not matter. 3847 miles.

Last edited:
Take the $400 off.
The Dunlop Trailmax don't have good reviews.
And to sweeten your deal, tell them you'll supply your own tires and they'll throw in the mounting and balancing of the tires.

Does it have to be a NC? Sounds like you might want to look at either the Cb500x or an Africa twin.

I accidentally posted wrong tires and edited post to reflect correct tires.

I sat on an Africa Twin. Maybe someday but for my experience level and weight of the bike I think it's not yet the bike for me. I do like the looks of the CB500x but not offered in DCT or I'd be looking for one.

20210430_160943.jpgBought it today. Few small scratches here and there but pretty nice riding. It did sharp slow turns better than the previous two bikes. I put about 30 miles on it tonight messing with different modes etc. It definitely needs tires. Saw a light that looks like traction control or something when I gave her the beans in S3 mode from a stop sign.
Wind buffeting wasn't bad, but the whistling was annoying between 60-75mph. Maybe earplugs will help on hwy rides. It may have been my helmet too, I'll try my old helmet next.
I tried resetting the trip meter pushing buttons winging it but something came up saying eco mode. heck no, that's not what I need to do.
Now I get to read the owners manual and figure this thing out.
Thanks for all the input fellas!

The dealer changed the oil before I picked it up. Planning to take it for a ride today I checked the oil after a short idle, cool down and upright on level ground. The oil barely registers at the end of the dipstick. The only motorcycle oil I have on hand is valvoline motorcycle 4 stroke oil sae 10w40 that says superior wet clutch protection. Will that be ok to use to top off the oil? I have no idea what they used and are closed Sundays and Mondays.

The dealer changed the oil before I picked it up. Planning to take it for a ride today I checked the oil after a short idle, cool down and upright on level ground. The oil barely registers at the end of the dipstick. The only motorcycle oil I have on hand is valvoline motorcycle 4 stroke oil sae 10w40 that says superior wet clutch protection. Will that be ok to use to top off the oil? I have no idea what they used and are closed Sundays and Mondays.
I’ve done several complete oil changes on the NC using Valvoline MC 10w-40, although I’m now using Honda GN4 10w-30. I would have no concern over topping off the oil level with the Valvoline, as it meets Honda specs for wet clutch duty. The early models of NC specified 10w-40 or 10w-30, but the latest manuals specify 10w-30 only, although nothing in the engine design has changed.

Short answer: go ahead and top off with the Valvoline if needed. Don’t overfill.

Got 2018 manual 'demo' used with 5700 miles on it OTD 6700. Was goin to buy 2021 new but cant ignore the price on a 2018 on cycletrader. Tried my best to bring price down but they still had to charge me for setup and destination because it was Never registered at all. Still i think was a good deal, couldnt find any cheaper anywhere.

Got 2018 manual 'demo' used with 5700 miles on it OTD 6700. Was goin to buy 2021 new but cant ignore the price on a 2018 on cycletrader. Tried my best to bring price down but they still had to charge me for setup and destination because it was Never registered at all. Still i think was a good deal, couldnt find any cheaper anywhere.
Haha on "still had to charge me for setup and destination." Dealer has the option of breaking out these charges or just rolling it all into one price. It's just a game.

I hope you have lots of smiles on your new bike. In many places it’s hard to find bikes and those available sell pretty quickly. Sellers that aren’t in some sort of bind can afford to hold out on price and wait for a buyer. If you are happy and the seller is happy then that’s a good deal.

My understanding is it is a sellers market right now. Not enough inventory to meet demand with delays on new product coming in. This is the internet so so opinions are free ...:)

New bikes remain scarce and used ones command a premium. Frankly I can’t stand the “set up“fees. I had a dealer quote me $695 “set up” plus another $199 “ document fees” and an additional $395 “shipping“ on a new $4995 Royal Enfield Himalayan., Dealer still has the Himalayan. 30% over sticker! Unreal…

Back