• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Freud asked, "What does woman want?"

"It's about freedom"

Same answer men give. Why so many American women ride Harley is low seat height. I don't know if Japanese men who run their motorcycle industry will ever understand this concept any time soon. As more and more women keep winning at the track, maybe soon. The military learned that shorter folks do better in small, confined aircraft. There are a lot of us short men who would like to see the seat height come down, and the suspension go up, also. Heck, I would like to see a good American make adventure bike, but know one seems to have such a plan that I know of.

smileyflag.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps its the other way. Women who are happy and fulfilled, tend to ride. When life is good, you need to add an edge sometimes to highlight the fragrance of the roses. :)

A Harley-Davidson-sponsored study about women and motorcycles says those who ride are considerably happier, more confident and more fulfilled than those who do not.

boy oh boy..did anyone seriously buying this nonsense? you can apply this crap to anything. ask any real estate agent,if you need a house. or if this house will make you happier.how about mercedes benz? they(girls) will be x10(if not x100) happier driving MB, than riding on heavy,outdated and overpriced HD

"It's about freedom," the married mother of two says. "When you’re doing things you want to do, for yourself, and you feel confident, it goes into every aspect of your life, including how you feel about yourself. You feel more comfortable in your skin."
:eek::eek::eek:
hey..mother of two-STFU,get into your van and drive those two to a soccer class. you already got what you want.take a good care of that. sometimes life is not about what you want(you selfish b**),but about what you have to do to keep what you already own(and those two are your responsibilities). get real,buy a dodge caravan. unbelievable,that the people actually get paid to write and release such nonsense.

boy oh boy..did anyone seriously buying this nonsense? you can apply this crap to anything. ask any real estate agent,if you need a house. or if this house will make you happier.how about mercedes benz? they(girls) will be x10(if not x100) happier driving MB, than riding on heavy,outdated and overpriced HD
hey..mother of two-STFU,get into your van and drive those two to a soccer class. you already got what you want.take a good care of that. sometimes life is not about what you want(you selfish b**),but about what you have to do to keep what you already own(and those two are your responsibilities). get real,buy a dodge caravan. unbelievable,that the people actually get paid to write and release such nonsense.

Holy wow. There is so much wrong with this statement. Whether this is a marketing ploy by HD or not, her statement is true. I will attest to being much more confident after a year and 25,000 miles with my NC. No, that house will not make me happy. I wouldn't drive a Mercedes if you GAVE it to me. And although a Harley isn't my cup of tea, even I will admit that it's better than a cage.
A woman's existence does not begin or end with children. "Those two" are the responsibility of their mother AND FATHER. Will you likewise tell fathers that they have no business riding motorcycles, flying airplanes, or taking a weekend to go fishing with the guys? Doing things that make you happy make you a better parent and a better person. Life is about balance. Yes, as a parent she has to take care of her children as best she can, but if she has the resources and support to be away from them for a few hours to do something for herself, that's not being greedy.
Excuse me while I take off my shoes and "get back in the kitchen"
:mad:

I don't really know what to say about this article. Personally I feel or act no different because I ride. I'm have a type A personality. That would not change. My happiness with my career has nothing to do with riding. I love my job and would still love it if I did not ride because it is awesome. Happier in their friendships? I'm a pretty happy guy. Not many people have ever seen me in a bad mood and I doubt it is because I ride. Happier with their home lives? I hate to break the news but "happy wife happy life" is all that matters. You can ride your *** off and if the wife isn't happy you won't be either. At least in my house. Twice as likely to be "extremely satisfied" with their sex lives. I'm going to leave this one alone but I'll just say my wife is the aggressor here and she doesn't ride a bike.

Maybe riding has a different affect on women. I love riding and will always have a bike but it does not determine my personality. On the other hand there are a lot of riders that play a part and their ego gets the best of them. They ride for the wrong reason. Just my opinion.

And by the way, more power to them. Why can't women enjoy what men have for many many years? I'm surprised at the 12% figure because I rarely see a woman on a bike but When I do I don't blink an eye. Just another riders as far as I'm concerned.

6.jpgIf I was the chairman of the board of any major motorcycle company, the very first thing I would do would be to hire Karen Davidson as president, no matter what the cost. This lady is a one of a kind biker, who knows the motorcycle business (been riding sense she was 9 and her dream was to race motorcycles). She is not some attorney running the show for the most bucks that can be drained. She loves motorcycling. She is the reason Harley has done so well, sense she came to work for them in 1989. She is the cream of the crop of what is out there today, and has done more to create the Harley image than anyone. The folks at Harley know they have the best running their apparel division, and she will someday be a member of the motorcycle hall of fame. Yes, a lady is currently the best motorcycle executive in the world, and she works for Harley-Davidson.

For 47 years my wife road her own bike with me. My wife taught a lot of folks how to ride a motorcycle. She made a higher grade than I did when the state of Texas came out with the first motorcycle license in 1968, and she will never let me live that down. The one thing I miss more than anything is that my wife can no longer ride, not even on the back.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

Last edited:

Geez! My wife got her M/C license two years ago. She is a mother of two. Does her desire to ride make her a "selfish B**"? I don't feel that it does and in fact while it was 100% her decision I gave her all the encouragement I could. In fact if I hadn't I think that would have made me a selfish bast***. I also have always thought our kid's were the responsibility of both of us, not just her.

BTW she has never driven a Caravan or any other mini-van. She drives an Avalanche. :rolleyes:

Back