• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front brake lever pops the fuse

ridgerel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi fellow Honda fans. I bought a 2012 nc700x and I keep blowing the 7.5 fuse for the brake lights and turn signals. It doesn’t happen every time I use the front brake but it doesn’t take long. Is there a switch I should replace in that assembly? I’ve also seen a mess of spliced wires under the passenger seat that powers the leds on the Givi side luggage. Those stay on when the fuse pops though. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Ridge

I’ve also seen a mess of spliced wires under the passenger seat that powers the leds on the Givi side luggage.'
I would start in the spliced wiring, not the microswitch on the brake lever. It sounds like something is loose or chafing, resulting in power from circuit #5 (ILLUMI/STOP/HORN) shorting to ground, resulting in the fuse blowing. Power on that circuit comes from Junction B, purple wire with blue stripes/marks.

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram?

I would be happy to walk you through diagnosing this. Starting with pictures of the "mess", and if you are able a simple hand drawn diagram of how they are wired in would be helpful.

Since it only shorts when the brakes are applied, I would look for a break in the wiring downstream from the brake microswitch, which is green w/ yellow marks.

Since it only shorts when the brakes are applied, I would look for a break in the wiring downstream from the brake microswitch, which is green w/ yellow marks.
Thank you for the response! I don’t have a wiring diagram but I’m sure I could find something online. I’ll get into the spliced up mess when I get home today and see if I can figure out which wire is going where.

Back