• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front suspension upgrade!!

I just recently installed the Hyper Pro springs on my 2012 front & back. The stock springs weren't stiff enough, I have done alot of back roads & it was bottoming out. Big difference now. I also installed 1" ford extensions from VTX extreme, this also increased my ground clearance, 1" handle bar risers made a difference in low speed tight turns. It's now a all round better handleing bike. I think I'll keep it. Am currently replacing the rear wheel bearings, apparently it's quite common for them to go before 40,000kms.

I just recently installed the Hyper Pro springs on my 2012 front & back. The stock springs weren't stiff enough, I have done alot of back roads & it was bottoming out. Big difference now. I also installed 1" ford extensions from VTX extreme, this also increased my ground clearance, 1" handle bar risers made a difference in low speed tight turns. It's now a all round better handleing bike. I think I'll keep it. Am currently replacing the rear wheel bearings, apparently it's quite common for them to go before 40,000kms.

Hi RNS1948, did you buy your Hyperpro stuff in Canada ? If yes, where? Also could you link the 1'' fork extensions you installed, I'm thinking about upgrading suspensions next winter.

Anyone having an answer or comment is welcome ;)

Thanks

Last edited:
A tip for installing emulators, I discovered putting Cogent Dynamics DDC on my Vstrom.
Go to Harbor Freight. Buy a cheap (like everything there) magnetic-on-a-collapsible-antenna-like-piece for 3.99 or something.
When it's time to install the emulator put the magnet, holding the emulator, up into the spring, then set the spring in place and remove the magnet and its extension. on the 'strom it worked perfectly and the emulator seated properly.

I'm thinking about upgrading suspensions next winter.

I've done 3 bikes with GVE and found the results rather sub-par and the tuning is PITA and messy. I switched to full-on cartridge and it's night and day. I'm familiar with the Andreani kit (not bad but needs help) and the brand new Matris F15 series which is very nicely machined and top quality parts but has an egregious mistake in their compression setup. It's fixable though. I've done my own 'home made' cartridge retrofit which won't win style/eye-candy points though, but it's quite a bit cheaper than a Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 kit for approximately equivalent performance.

I also don't recommend progressive springs unless the intended use is off-road and lots of suspension travel is involved because they tend to be much too soft early in the stroke and then jump up in rate that is much too hard.

Last edited:
Back