• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front tire wobbling on 35 mph?

I have off until next Friday. Run on over and we can take the wheel and tire off and start over and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Afan, did you look at the direction arrow on the tire sidewall, and ensure that it’s pointed in the direction of wheel rotation? It’s just a wild thought, but the tire could have been mounted backwards, and with that angled tread pattern on the Shinko 705, maybe it could induce some wobble, or maybe not. Worth checking.

didnt read the whole thread, but they or you may have adjusted your chain tension, if the axle isnt straight youre gonna have a bike wanting to lean to one side. check rear axle alignment

I have off until next Friday. Run on over and we can take the wheel and tire off and start over and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Guy but both next weekends I'm traveling. I really appreciate it.

Afan, did you look at the direction arrow on the tire sidewall, and ensure that it’s pointed in the direction of wheel rotation? It’s just a wild thought, but the tire could have been mounted backwards, and with that angled tread pattern on the Shinko 705, maybe it could induce some wobble, or maybe not. Worth checking.

Yes, just checked. It's correct.
Thanks, good point.

didnt read the whole thread, but they or you may have adjusted your chain tension, if the axle isnt straight youre gonna have a bike wanting to lean to one side. check rear axle alignment

Good one.
I'll check and let you know.

Visited the motorcycle shop they change the tires and the guy took the test ride. After couple minutes he returned and said everything's ok, he didn't feel anything. Actually only thing he felt - and that's what I felt , is the lugging. It was my mistake I put the bike in D instead in S - he never rode a bike with DCT. I asked him if he let go of the handlebars at 35 to test it, and he said: "No. You can't let go off of the handlebar. Never."
"But you have to let it go to get the feeling, to find the symptoms?!?"
"No, you never let go. You don't test it that way."
"You let go the steering wheel of a car to see why it's going left or right, to find a symptom, right?"
"That's car, this is motorcycle. You don't let go."
"So, why it's wobbling at 35 mph?"
"I didn't feel anything. The bike is fine. It's probably the tire, this kind of tire..."
"Other riders with the same bikes and tires - nobody experienced the same?"
"The bike is ok. Never let go the handlebars."
The guy didn't even think about rebalancing or something.

I just sat on the bike and rode home... Idiot! Never Cycle Clinic again!
:(

Last edited:
Well my friend, if all of this started right after the tire change then it’s something the shop did or it’s the tire. And it shouldn’t be too hard to find or correct. It just doesn’t sound like the knuckleheads that worked on it are interested in solving it. It was hard to tell from your recording but that noise does seem too loud to be normal although the brake pads are always “right there” barely in contact with the rotor. I still suggest that it’s a bent rim at the hub, a bad bead seat or a defective tire. The best way to spot much of that is with the tire/wheel on a balance machine where you can spin it freely without it wiggling around like it will if you’re trying to hold your forks steady on the bike. Then you can place a fixed point right up next to the rim (not holding it in your hand) and see where the wiggle is. It doesn’t take much to feel it at-speed so look closely at the variance as it spins.

As has been said, the NCX shakes its head a bit if you let go of the bars at about that speed. Some owners report little to no shaking, some quite a bit. I get more shake if I have more weight on the rear of the bike (like a loaded top case), or if I eliminate static sag up front or have too much out back. I also have experienced varying amounts of headshake depending upon exactly what tire I have on the front. Not just what tire ‘model,’ but what individual tire. There was a combo of: tires + loading + sag settings I had a few years ago that made the bars shake so badly at that speed that they would _almost_ bounce off the steering stops.

All of this is to say that I believe you’re experiencing what you say you’re experiencing, that it wasn’t there before (or was very, very mild?), and that the tire change had something to do with it. What I’m ALSO saying is that none of those facts make this unusual for an NCX. They shake their heads some at a certain speed.

OK. New simptome!
Didn't ride the bike last 7 days. Yesterday I rode with the friend of mine, and what I found is that now my front tire is wobbling between on all speeds between 35 and 55 mph?!? Really?!?

Wobbling or vibrating? It would be very uncommon for it to "wobble" for a range of 20 mph while accelerating or maintaining throttle. Or do you mean if you start to decel from say 65mph then it wobbles all the way down through 35 mph when holding the bars loosely?

This can't be a complicated problem. There just isn't that many things that can cause this. I feel like you may need to remove the wheel, maybe check to see how well it's balanced, inspect everything around the forks closely top to bottom, making sure all bolts are tight, caliper bolts are tight, reinstall the wheel (if it's balanced correctly), and problem should be gone. Just doesn't make much sense.

About the only other option is warped wheel/rotor or bad tire (out of round).

Wish you lived close to me, we'd sort that sucker out in a matter of a couple hours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wobbling or vibrating? It would be very uncommon for it to "wobble" for a range of 20 mph while accelerating or maintaining throttle. Or do you mean if you start to decel from say 65mph then it wobbles all the way down through 35 mph when holding the bars loosely?...
Wobbling. I would (earlier) speed up up to 45-50 mph and let go of the throttle. The bike would slow down and when get to 35mph (+/- 1 mph) it would start wobble and when it slows down under 35 mph it will stop wobbling.
Yesterday I would speed up up to 55-60 mph and let go off of the handlebar and it would start wobbling almost immediately, and the wobbling stops once it's under 35 mph.
Tomorrow I'm going to ride again and I'll take my camera to record.

... This can't be a complicated problem. There just isn't that many things that can cause this. I feel like you may need to remove the wheel, maybe check to see how well it's balanced, inspect everything around the forks closely top to bottom, making sure all bolts are tight, caliper bolts are tight, reinstall the wheel (if it's balanced correctly), and problem should be gone. Just doesn't make much sense.
About the only other option is warped wheel/rotor or bad tire (out of round)...
When back home I'm going to Harbor freight and buy the tire balancer to test the balance.
The bolts are tight. And the rim looks ok: I was rotating the front tire and put my screwdriver almost touching the rim - no visible change in the distance or anything else suspicious...
Rotor didn't check.

... Wish you lived close to me, we'd sort that sucker out in a matter of a couple hours...
Me too... :D

I blame it on being a Shinko! Lol and just get used to it and don't let go of the bars!

Also, balancing stand can be had for $35 on ebay, easier to click to buy than to drive to harbor freight and pay a few bucks more. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

... Also, balancing stand can be had for $35 on ebay, easier to click to buy than to drive to harbor freight and pay a few bucks more....
I know but I have to wait on the eBay several days while from HF I have it immediately and fix it (eventually) the same day.
And HF is just couple block away from my home ;) :D

Hey Brother Afan, just wondering (hoping) if you were able to get this sorted out?

Hey Brother Afan, just wondering (hoping) if you were able to get this sorted out?

Hey RR, thanks for asking.
I think I partially fixed it. Two days ago I loosened up a bit the front wheel axle, jumped on the bike, took it off the stand, hold the front break and jerked it couple times, pressuring the front wheel/forks. Then put it back everything, did the test ride and IT'S MUCH BETTER. It still wobbles at 35-38 mph but much lower intensity. With hands on the handlebar it's almost impossible to feel it. So, onone hand it's fixed. But I still plan to take the front wheel off completely and check the wheel balance. So, partially it's fixed, but not totally... :D

Thanks for all help, guys. I really appreciate it.

Back