• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

frunk lid accent pieces

Screws that come up from the underside. There is an inner lid cover held by 4 screws IIRC. Remove that and the screws securing the accent pieces are exposed.

Adding to what dduelin said, the 2012-2015 frunk lid is made of four plastic pieces, along with hardware. There is the outer cover and the inner shell. Remove the screws from the bottom of the inner shell, and separate them. I think there is one screw per trim piece, and the remainder of the trim is snapped into place. You cannot remove the trim pieces without splitting the lid halves.

I see, Im thinking of removing them and jury rigging some bed roll straps. Of course I need to purchase a nc first. appreciate the info.

I was going to ask if you were 3D printing something...which I was about to start thinking about doing. With my other projects this year, not sure if I'll get to it or not.

Adding to what dduelin said, the 2012-2015 frunk lid is made of four plastic pieces, along with hardware. There is the outer cover and the inner shell. Remove the screws from the bottom of the inner shell, and separate them. I think there is one screw per trim piece, and the remainder of the trim is snapped into place. You cannot remove the trim pieces without splitting the lid halves.

That lid is made up of 13 unique pieces.

If I'm looking at the diagram correctly, then I think we're only talking about #2 and #3. I like the later models but those don't seem like they'll fit at all. I'd like to have something with a couple holes for straps, but still look nice when I don't have anything on.

well if the piece is attached with screws, im thinking I could run some cordage thru the screw holes possibly.

Last edited:
I have a '18 with the Givi bag that fits perfectly. If I had an older model and wanted to mount something similar I would go to the hardware store and buy 4 luggage loops and 8 small nuts, bolts and washers.
DIY accent. I've done that on the top of a police radio box for my Harley. Sounds weird, looks good.

I'm not sure what you mean by luggage loops, I did an image search and I don't think I'm seeing what you're suggesting. Can you post a picture of what you're referring to?

Back