• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk power outlet

You make a good point and this is something I omitted to mention. I am using the Garmin supplied power cord(with cigarette plug in tact. What I connected to the Honda Sub Harness is a waterproof 12V cigarette outlet so I retained the Garmin plug that also houses a fuse. So, the Honda Sub-harness is fused, the cigarette plug is fused and the Garmin cord is fused. I'm fused out the ying-yang! :)

Cafeful. Just read in another forum of someone frying their Garmin GPS wiring directly to battery. Forgot the cord suppleid with GPS drops voltage from 12V to 5V. Make sure the voltage is correct by the time it gets to GPS. Could be a costly mistake. That said I bought a motorcyle harness for my Garmin Nuvi 550 with wire long enough to get to battery or fuse block. Would probalby work wiht any Garmin that uses same mini plug for power.

If you use the Honda harness is the accessory power off when key off? I like to charge my MP3 when I am off the bike.

I used the Batterytender attachment straight from the battery. It has an inline fuse. That way I can Charge my gps/phone/laptop/whatever when I'm off the bike...

Cafeful. Just read in another forum of someone frying their Garmin GPS wiring directly to battery. Forgot the cord suppleid with GPS drops voltage from 12V to 5V. Make sure the voltage is correct by the time it gets to GPS. Could be a costly mistake. That said I bought a motorcyle harness for my Garmin Nuvi 550 with wire long enough to get to battery or fuse block. Would probalby work wiht any Garmin that uses same mini plug for power.

Why would a Cig Lighter type power cord change the voltage? If it's meant to be a "car" charger, then you should have no issues.....

I used the Batterytender attachment straight from the battery. It has an inline fuse. That way I can Charge my gps/phone/laptop/whatever when I'm off the bike...

I would hesitate to do that for fear of running my battery down though it's probably an irrational fear. I carry a couple of 4000 mAh\2.1 Amp Mophie power supplies for charging when the bike is shut down. They are small, will charge my phone in 25 minutes and and sit in the frunk charging back up while I ride.

Garmins use 5 volts same as USB. This lets them communicate with a computer and charge from a computer with common USB cord. The 12V power cords they supply have the voltage drop built in. This is true for their cigarete lighter cords and the harness they make for motorcycles. If you make your own cord or use someone else's cord and put full 12V to the Garmin you can kiss it goodbye.

You make a good point and this is something I omitted to mention. I am using the Garmin supplied power cord(with cigarette plug in tact. What I connected to the Honda Sub Harness is a waterproof 12V cigarette outlet so I retained the Garmin plug that also houses a fuse. So, the Honda Sub-harness is fused, the cigarette plug is fused and the Garmin cord is fused. I'm fused out the ying-yang! :)

Oh, I see. I was having a hard time imaging that setup but I got it now. How did you waterproof the connection between the Garmin cord and the socket. I am assuming its tucked up under the plastics somewhere and wrapped with electrical tape to keep it connected and dry both.

Does anyone know if there exists a secondary fuse block system that can be attached to the battery to provide additional, easily coupled connectors for various applications. I bet you could sell something like that.

Does anyone know if there exists a secondary fuse block system that can be attached to the battery to provide additional, easily coupled connectors for various applications. I bet you could sell something like that.

Radio shack or any autoparts store. They sell a generic fuse block. Used one on my VTX, had a stebel horn, stereo, and aux lights on it, and still had three more openings for more accessories. You can get a relay from them also to attach between the battery and fuse block so that all are powered only when the bike is on.

Pretty sure most Garmins require in input voltage of 5vdc. The Garmin plug converts from 12V to 5Vdc.

THen why doesn't my Garmin melt in my truck's 12v outlet ? or in my Moto's 12v outlet?

If you are using a car charger supplied by Garmin, you should be able to plug it into any 12v cig lighter outlet. In a car/truck/boat/airplane/submarine/hot-air ballon/supertanker ...

:D

This is what I am installing on mine on the recommendations of others here:
FUZEBLOCKS.COM
Gives option for each circuit to be powered all the time or just when key is on.

Dan, I did wrap it in Scotch 33 professional grade electrical tape then put a layer of gorilla tape on top of that and tucked it up under the plastics where its nice n dry.

Oh, I see. I was having a hard time imaging that setup but I got it now. How did you waterproof the connection between the Garmin cord and the socket. I am assuming its tucked up under the plastics somewhere and wrapped with electrical tape to keep it connected and dry both.

Hello, where did you buy the matching female connectors to plug into the sub harness? Is there a description or stock number for them?

Here is a thread about compatible connectors for the Honda accessory harness. This is an old thread, so I don’t know if the part source is still good, but it worked for me back in that time. Corresponding connectors

Your solution is slimmer and cleaner but I did this instead because it was cheaper

WATERWICH 6-Way Blade Fuse Box Standard Circuit Fuse Holder Box Block DC 12-32V with Waterproof Protection Cover For Car Boat Marine Trike Auto Car Truck Vehicle SUVS Yacht RV Ship (6-Way) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DTDT38/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uiKjDbVK2YDJ2

Fits nicely in the faux tank wall left of the battery, I only chose the left side because my frunk already had my outlets on the left side

Your solution is slimmer and cleaner but I did this instead because it was cheaper

WATERWICH 6-Way Blade Fuse Box Standard Circuit Fuse Holder Box Block DC 12-32V with Waterproof Protection Cover For Car Boat Marine Trike Auto Car Truck Vehicle SUVS Yacht RV Ship (6-Way) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DTDT38/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uiKjDbVK2YDJ2

Fits nicely in the faux tank wall left of the battery, I only chose the left side because my frunk already had my outlets on the left side

Did you run your grounds to the frame or back to the battery when you set up the Waterwich?

Did you run your grounds to the frame or back to the battery when you set up the Waterwich?

Wired to the battery, it was just getting sloppy with 4 aftermarket wires attached to both the negative and positive side of the battery, to cramped and clustered, now I've got one additional wire each side instead of 4.

Back