• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk Survey

Over here, we are quite lucky.
We leave everything unlocked and unattended. Eg: new expensive skis line the cafeteria ski-parking lots. New helmets on unattended bikes while we take a break.

Yes, I leave the frunk unlocked when riding and parking. However, at speeds above 120kmh, it tends to flip up and so I lock it down (seldom I go beyond 120kmh which is the legal limit here on highways).

:D

I leave mine unlatched. I have the Puig windscreen and no issues with it opening. I routinely ride at speeds around 80mph on the interstate. I have noticed that the lid wants to open when passing semi-trucks. The turbulent air from the side catches the lid.

I keep all paper type product (registration & insurance) in a gallon sized ziplock so that nothing can fly out.

I keep mine locked, have yet to do the key mod for the 2016 as it's a PITA to get a duplicate key (eg will have to call dealer.)
I keep all the important papers in the little box at the bottom of the frunk.

I keep mine locked, have yet to do the key mod for the 2016 as it's a PITA to get a duplicate key (eg will have to call dealer.)
Is there something different between the 2016 and older bikes' keys? My 2014 key was $4 and another $2.50 to cut it a the local hardware store. Maybe things have changed on the newer bikes?

Is there something different between the 2016 and older bikes' keys? My 2014 key was $4 and another $2.50 to cut it a the local hardware store. Maybe things have changed on the newer bikes?

I had to order the blanks from Amazon because nobody had them in my town. A key shop cut 3 for $5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you tie your shoes? Do you close the fridge? do you chamber the round? do you do up your zip? why would you ride with the lid open?

Do you tie your shoes? Do you close the fridge? do you chamber the round? do you do up your zip? why would you ride with the lid open?

It's not open, just unlatched. I'd give my reasons but someone would be wiling to critique that too so I'll keep them to myself. It's no different than wearing a seat belt. Some do it and others don't. Why? Choice. I have no issues with keeping mine unlatched (only when on the bike) so I do it.

I can think of lots of advantages to rding with it open. Midge catcher, you can easily reach the cigarette lighter or whisky bottle, and vomit catcher if you get travel sick.
More seriously it is a nuisance when you have got the bike running and you remember that you have to put something in or take something out of the locked frunk. Also when on the road and you want to do a quick visor clean it's handy to be able to get your stuff without stopping the bike. Must be lots of other occasions. But one of my fears is locking the ignition key in the frunk when dumping say a pair of gloves in there. The disguised frunk key thing is a good solution.
Mike

Do you granny knot your shoes? Lock your fridge? Open carry with a trigger lock?

The question was do you ride with the frunk unlocked? Many of us make a frunk key that stays in the lock when riding. The lid is closed but it can be opened when riding if desired for a variety of reasons.

Mine stays locked. But , have found times when bike is running I need to retrieve or place something in the frunk. In time I'll probably have another key made. A drink of water is nice too....bottle in frunk.

I have ridden with the frunk unlatched and had it blow open if the wind hit it just right, I now have a dedicated keyknob, knobkey? whichever you want to call it and i usually forget to take it out when I stop somewhere.

Strange thread here, but I'm a strange guy, so I'll chime in... I left mine unlatched once by accident and it wasn't too long before it flipped up and I was made aware of it. I always ride with it closed/locked... never even thought about needing to have it any other way. Of course, unlike some, I only use my frunk for helmet storage (gloves/glasses too I guess, but..).

However, I almost always have both of my keys with me when I ride, so if I did need to open it with the bike running for some odd reason, I guess I could.

Strange thread here, but I'm a strange guy, so I'll chime in... I left mine unlatched once by accident and it wasn't too long before it flipped up and I was made aware of it. I always ride with it closed/locked... never even thought about needing to have it any other way. Of course, unlike some, I only use my frunk for helmet storage (gloves/glasses too I guess, but..).

However, I almost always have both of my keys with me when I ride, so if I did need to open it with the bike running for some odd reason, I guess I could.

I am so hopeless with keys that my spare ignition key stays in the house and if I lose my main key it's a call to the wife or kids to bring the spare to me. Of course if I were on a trip to Sweden (which I have done once), it would be a long haul for them but for my local rides this seems a better solution than me losing both keys at once which I would probably do. The idea of the spare being hidden on the bike has a great deal of appeal, and maybe I will do some thinking on that. In the meantime the knobkey was an interesting diy exercise.
Mike

I ride with a round in the chamber, DAO - i mean why waste 1 round capacity; Shoes double knotted only when jogging

My frunk flew open on the hi-way and remains locked purposely now

Back