• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk Survey

Once I forgot to latch/lock/fasten/affix the frunk's lock/latch/connector-to-close. At about 55 it flew open.
I now ride with the key-in-a-spray-can-lid in the lock/latch/connector-to-close. Always close/latch/fasten/lock the lock/latch/whatever-it's-called.

On my S, it even opens at 35mph, but it's a naked bike so who am I kidding - it's not as aero-dynamic as X :)
I always lock it, and if I don't, the lid hitting my chest reminds me of it fairly quickly :D

I lock my Frunk all the time. That will be one surprise I don't have to worry about. When it's locked it won't come open with a wind gust and give me a surprise.

I mentioned earlier that I ride with mine unlatched. I have never had an issue with it opening until.........two days ago. LOL! It flew open when passing a semi. I got a quick laugh out of it because the first thought I had was this thread. No worries though, I keep all paper items in a ziplock.

My Frunk is looked all the time. For me it is a security issue, not for thieves but in case of accident to have it unlatched is unsafe

The day after I bought my NCX I had two non-bulky keys made at a local locksmith for $5 (and a ride around the parking lot on it, since he was interested in buying one -- loved the smoothness and seemed excited). I put the key intended for ignition in my leather zip-up key fob/case I used for my WR250R and Pelican case keys, and tethered the frunk key to that so that all keys and tether {waxed nylon shoelace;} would zip up inside the leather fob when desired. I was going to cut down the frunk key as short as practical but then decided quick and easy with better leverage was fine and that having another spare ignition key handy was not a bad idea either. Not removing either key until actually needed as theft deterrent saves wear and tear; this arrangement this has proven very convenient and having it all fit inside the key fob rules.

Shown here with the key-case zipped open... sorry the pic sucks, in the near dark with cellphone.

30485-creating-dedicated-key-storage-compartment-keys-jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the key mod and always leave it in with the frunk latched, it looks like switch and not many people know about the frunk storage. I taped a spare key under the cowling out of sight in case I lose mine on the road. I keep all my really expensive important stuff in my soft saddlebags on the bike where no one can easily steal them...and I don't chamber a round in my Glock 20 or PF9 unless the situation demands it but they are always only a heartbeat away.

Back