• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel gage not registering under two bars.

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ran out of fuel on the highway while showing two bars. Filled up, gage went to full and again, ran out without ever going below the two last bars. Last couple of fill ups same thing, shows full, drops normally then stops at two bars. Any ideas? Using the GPS as a substitute fuel gage but obviously it is wildly inaccurate depending a bunch of factors...

Edit: Can't use my trip meters because both of them are fracked up.

TIA

No, was planning on getting the meter replaced after the IBR, wasn't really concerned about the trip resets. If this isn't a quick and simple fix I'll just deal with it until I get back.

If you still have a warranty, I would press Honda to take care of it. My sidestand switch went out at 600 miles. Had to rig the wiring it to get it into gear.

1 - Re-seat electrical connectors (unplug and plug them back) from fuel pump and combination meter.
2 - Check functioning of fuel float mechanism. This would require removing fuel tank.

Was there a Honda's recall on 2014 NC's combination meter?

Yes, but I thought the only problem was for the TRIP METER, where it would reset to zero after turning the engine off, perhaps this is a newly identified problem.

Had this happen to me consistently on my 2012 (it was a leftover I bought new last year), I took it in just before the warranty expired and they replaced the fuel pump. Apparently the fuel level sensors are part of the pump unit.

It took 4 weeks to get the part from Honda but I finally picked it up yesterday and got down to the one flashing bar on the ride home before I filled it so it seems like that fixed it.

I've encountered a fuel gauge that wouldn't register less than full for 200 miles once. I had overfilled the main tank when transferring fuel from the auxiliary. Which ended up spilling out the vent line.
Anyway, after stemming the flow (and waste!) of fuel, the gauge read "full," until I stopped, refilled and cycled the key off and on.

Has never happened since.

Back