• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fun with welding rod containers from HF

Riding on dirt and cobble stones or falling on dirt and cobble stones? ;) Understand not as tough as the Givi Trekkers proved to be in your Alaska experience but would appreciate clarification if they failed from excessive vibration or if it took impact such as the suspension hitting them or crash to cause them to "break and fall into a bunch of little plastic pieces"

On the Raw Hyde Ride, very rough terrain. My front shocks bottomed out so many times, they are now blue from the heat, I guess. I hit a huge pot hole by a cattle guard, the impact caused the plastic containers to explode or implode into a few pieces. This all happened in June, before my ACL was torn. The cause was impact, even though I did not go down. Also, mounted the tubes like Dave D. did his. I really like that position to mount the tubes. But my larger dirt tires did dig into the tubes and wear holes in the tubes.

I liked this post so much that it caused me to lose some riding time today. The next few months will be street riding, so I remodeled when I saw these great ideas. Back to the street for a little while until I can get my leg fixed.

tubes.jpg

Rear Trunk.jpg

Truck Rear.jpg

Think I might add the Bronson eye of God next week. Made first drawing of the Nana Chou eye.

eye.jpg

Last edited:
hope that will keep folks on the back of your NC a bit more alerted :)
who knows what might come out of those tubes(specially from the the guy with TX license plates) ? :)

Back