• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fun with welding rod containers from HF

VE258

Reaction score
Visit site
Welding Rod Keeper

7ffa390d098d.jpg

97b3f10abfd6.jpg

19a37991b0a1.jpg

smaller diameter red reflector would look better,i know, but i couldn't find it.

the other thing-if you tight clamps too much-container will be deformed

6b44bda53d99.jpg

1f965d4daf3f.jpg

9728b07cb23a.jpg

4d6f8bff3967.jpg

later on i glued those red reflectors. original sticky stuff that they have on the back won't hold on

Last edited:
have to add that ones sold in lowes are might be better,because they are wider. i think HF containers are 3",while containers from lowes are either 3.5 or 3.75" in diameter

Would be really neat if those pictures still worked.

If you're referring to the five total pictures in the first two posts, I can see them just fine. However, they are linked from another site. Maybe you have a blocker turned on.

Whatever fits. Tools, camping gear etc
imo better and cheaper compared to what people buy at eBay :)

those tool\manuals containers from ebay are actually cost < $2 and used on tractors and other machinery. people just making s** up adding BMW , KLR whatever and selling them at x10 on ebay. it's never been an accessory,designed for motorcycles. imo-HF tube looks better and still cheaper option(specially when store is next to you and you have those 20-25% coupons in every magazine you subscribed). :)

See what you have done! Now I got to go out an but containers on my bike again.

Word of warning - I have had these tubes, more than one time, break and fall into a bunch of little plastic pieces when riding the dirt and cobble stones at speed. Riding in the dirt in most places really means riding in the rocks. Also, a dirt tire will rip a hole in them when bottoming the rear suspension. However, for street riding the containers are great!

Word of warning - I have had these tubes, more than one time, break and fall into a bunch of little plastic pieces when riding the dirt and cobble stones at speed. Riding in the dirt in most places really means riding in the rocks. Also, a dirt tire will rip a hole in them when bottoming the rear suspension. However, for street riding the containers are great!
Riding on dirt and cobble stones or falling on dirt and cobble stones? ;) Understand not as tough as the Givi Trekkers proved to be in your Alaska experience but would appreciate clarification if they failed from excessive vibration or if it took impact such as the suspension hitting them or crash to cause them to "break and fall into a bunch of little plastic pieces"

I went to the local Home Depot and the didin't have the welding tubes. Since I was there, I bought 3" PVC and 1 end cap and 1 adapter and 1 screw cap and one small bottle of glue. $22.....

More than the "X2" deal mentioned but probably stronger.....I hope.

I'll put up a thread after I make and mount it.

wrap em up in dees.tha ya go ploblems solved. good ol uncle johnny eh!
cotton-wool-rolls-500g-495-p.png

I went to the local Home Depot and the didin't have the welding tubes. Since I was there, I bought 3" PVC and 1 end cap and 1 adapter and 1 screw cap and one small bottle of glue. $22.....

More than the "X2" deal mentioned but probably stronger.....I hope.

I'll put up a thread after I make and mount it.
That's what I did, but I used the black ABS tubing. I have tipped over a few times and they held up nicely.

Back