• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gas Mileage After Valve Adjustment

yojimg

Reaction score
Visit site
I just adjusted the valves for the first time on my 2018 NC750X with just over 16k miles. I'm seeing some slightly lower gas mileage numbers now. Wondering if this is typical? Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks!
-Jim G

I just adjusted the valves for the first time on my 2018 NC750X with just over 16k miles. I'm seeing some slightly lower gas mileage numbers now. Wondering if this is typical? Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks!
-Jim G
If you followed the valve adjustment procedure correctly and successfully, then any mpg number difference must be coincidental. Monitor the mileage for a longer period to see if it was a short term change.

Yeah it's paranoia, I did mine a little while ago and while I don't ride enough to really check the economy I did wonder if there was any change in sound. Now I just ride the thing. If something improper really happens I think I'm going to notice it.

Back