• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gas pricing

I find it amazing every time I learn something I was taught in school was wrong. We have all been taught things in school that we found out later was completely wrong. I was taught in school that if the Earth stopped spinning it would fall. The site that dduelin posted is correct. The article they used to support their claims is from the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society and is much more comprehensive. It's worth a reading for those that have the same fascinations that I have

I find it amazing every time I learn something I was taught in school was wrong. We have all been taught things in school that we found out later was completely wrong. I was taught in school that if the Earth stopped spinning it would fall. The site that dduelin posted is correct. The article they used to support their claims is from the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society and is much more comprehensive. It's worth a reading for those that have the same fascinations that I have
I just read that applying leeches and drawing off the "bad blood" by cutting doesn't help heal an ill person at all, in fact it may make the patient's condition worse.

mercurochrome.....no longer on the market...put it on a cut, stung like crazy but people didnt get any infections from cuts or scrapes with that stuff.
I remember that being used when I was a child but I found it more interesting to find out that it was never banned. Mercurochrome was around before the FDA came into being and when it was recognized in the 1970s that mercury and products containing mercury presented risks to health those unchecked legacy products were required to be tested but no manufacturer of mercurochrome ever did. By the 1970s there were more effective topical antibacterial/antiseptics in use and use of mercurochrome faded away.

I remember that being used when I was a child but I found it more interesting to find out that it was never banned. Mercurochrome was around before the FDA came into being and when it was recognized in the 1970s that mercury and products containing mercury presented risks to health those unchecked legacy products were required to be tested but no manufacturer of mercurochrome ever did. By the 1970s there were more effective topical antibacterial/antiseptics in use and use of mercurochrome faded away.
I had that applied a few times as a kid. It may explain a few things

mercurochrome.....no longer on the market...put it on a cut, stung like crazy but people didnt get any infections from cuts or scrapes with that stuff.
My mom used mercurochrome a lot between 5 kids. It didn't hurt at all. Iodine hurt. My mom would even swab mercurochrome on the back of our sore throats.

Last edited:
Back