• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Generic pannier rack for soft pannier bags?

Paulplex

Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all!

Lomo dry bag panniers

I bought my NC700x second hand with the Honda OEM panniers installed. However, don't know about the rest of you, but I've frankly found them a bit rubbish ...weighty and with an odd shape that limits what you can carry in them. I've used a Lomo dry bag strapped to the rear seat on prior camping trips successfully in the past, so have bought these for my next foray later in the year.

1645380499098.png

However, I'm missing one piece to the puzzle - pannier racks that can prevent the bags from falling into the rear wheel. I'm not a fan of spending lots of money for a Givi pannier rack ...does anyone have any thoughts on how I can fangle something, or where I can buy something generic that might fit any of the mounting spots on the back of the bike? I've existing mounting hardware from the OEM pannier boxes ...I'm wondering if I can fangle anything into that - somehow...

Might find them somewhat difficult to use since the fuel tank will be covered by the Straps. But, since you’ve already purchased them I believe SW Motech would be my first stop to find something to keep these up.

Evening all!

Lomo dry bag panniers

I bought my NC700x second hand with the Honda OEM panniers installed. However, don't know about the rest of you, but I've frankly found them a bit rubbish ...weighty and with an odd shape that limits what you can carry in them. I've used a Lomo dry bag strapped to the rear seat on prior camping trips successfully in the past, so have bought these for my next foray later in the year.

View attachment 48331

However, I'm missing one piece to the puzzle - pannier racks that can prevent the bags from falling into the rear wheel. I'm not a fan of spending lots of money for a Givi pannier rack ...does anyone have any thoughts on how I can fangle something, or where I can buy something generic that might fit any of the mounting spots on the back of the bike? I've existing mounting hardware from the OEM pannier boxes ...I'm wondering if I can fangle anything into that - somehow...

I also use soft bags. I have not fitted them to the NC yet, but I was thinking of using some pvc and 90 degree elbows to create a temporary frame for the soft bags when I use them. They would have to be easily removable for accessing the gas cap.

I also use soft bags. I have not fitted them to the NC yet, but I was thinking of using some pvc and 90 degree elbows to create a temporary frame for the soft bags when I use them. They would have to be easily removable for accessing the gas cap.
I like this idea ...I think I have some thin piping around somewhere, that might be a plan...

wonder if you could make something that would just sit on the rear seat when needed? Sit it on the seat and put the bags over it and tie them off.

You may find inspiration here:

Back