• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Crash Bar Question?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For those that have the Givi crash bars, do you have the plastic piece shown in the picture mounted to the bars? The ones I bought don't. What's it for and do I need it?

$_57.JPG

Crash Bar protector protectors. It's a sacrificial piece that would work better on the lower part of the bars. It's not necessary. Check the packaging though, the way they're packing that stuff with the super cacoon shrink wrap, it's easy to not see something like this in there. If you bought them new, you should have this.

Last edited:
I bought the Givi's as "new" from Ebay and he gave me this explanation when I asked him about it: Seller's message:
"Hi, Givi has made a plastic footrest (shown in the photo) but have removed it from the TN1111 engine guard as it was in a award position that basically made it useless."

I got a good deal on the bars and he offered me $20 off if I accepted them instead of sending them back. I wonder if the protector can be bought separately?

In this case, I wouldn't worry about it. You got a deal, the seller unloaded something that he wasn't interested in. It's a win-win. This piece basically does nothing. You could replace it with duct tape if you were so inclined.

Eh, thought it looked nice and rather sacrifice some plastic rather than mark the crash bar. Can't believe I'm saying I need a protector to protect my protectors. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I bought the Givi's as "new" from Ebay and he gave me this explanation when I asked him about it: Seller's message:
"Hi, Givi has made a plastic footrest (shown in the photo) but have removed it from the TN1111 engine guard as it was in a award position that basically made it useless."

I got a good deal on the bars and he offered me $20 off if I accepted them instead of sending them back. I wonder if the protector can be bought separately?

If Givi had indeed removed them from the kit and they were actually new, what possible grounds could you have for sending them back and for him to give you back $20 to accept them. Sounds like an obvious lie to me.

If you can't get a pair locally ( I am in Ireland ) I have a pair somewhere that I can dig out. I will only need the shipping costs as they are otherwise worthless to me.

just advertisement that all they are ,they would last 5 seconds on impact.
you don't need them. if you are bothered about protecting the crash bars?? why did you buy them??
that is what they are crash bar to save your bike believe it or not!
if you want protect them put some exhaust clamps on,they should do the job..simples

ford_tractor_muffler_clamp_kit_2624big.jpg
41TZVLtldEL.jpg

FYI, I bought them new from an Italian dealer more than a year ago and I got them without those plastic pieces. As others said, they do nothing

If Givi had indeed removed them from the kit and they were actually new, what possible grounds could you have for sending them back and for him to give you back $20 to accept them. Sounds like an obvious lie to me.

His picture showed the plastics so when I mentioned it I guess he didn't want the hassle of a return so offered the $20 to keep them. I had opened a case up with Ebay as the part wasn't described correctly because the picture showed the part. The seller agreed the listing wasn't correct and offered the refund.

P.S. Openly calling a person a lair in these parts would result in a difficulty in chewing your food. Quite offensive.

Last edited:
If you can't get a pair locally ( I am in Ireland ) I have a pair somewhere that I can dig out. I will only need the shipping costs as they are otherwise worthless to me.

Thank you for the offer but I'll keep these ones. Someone of the forum should take you up on it. At $170 Canadian dollars even shipping from Ireland would be a deal.

Why did you remove them?

you don't need them. if you are bothered about protecting the crash bars?? why did you buy them??
that is what they are crash bar to save your bike believe it or not!
if you want protect them put some exhaust clamps on,they should do the job..simples

Not too worried if I have them but like anything purchased new if it came with them I want them even if they only lasted one fall. Really not sure how to answer you question but my best answer would be to protect the radiator on a drop. Givi must have put the plastic protector on there so that it you did drop your bike it won't mark the bars, a one time sacrifice for the plastic protector so a fussy chap wouldn't have to refinish.

I assume we are still talking about the plastic bits ? I never fitted them as I felt they were something else un-aerodynamic to catch the air and essentially they spoiled the look of the crashbar in my opinion.

Thank you for the offer but I'll keep these ones. Someone of the forum should take you up on it. At $170 Canadian dollars even shipping from Ireland would be a deal.

Why did you remove them?

I think he is talking about the plastic bits mate, not the whole set of bars.

I didn't install them on mine either, so they are yours for free if you want them.

Back