• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi e22 bags, tougher than you think

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Discovered that the E22 side cases are somewhat impact resistant. Coming home today a car pulled out in front of me and I jammed the brakes swerved a little but still managed to tag the front of the VW.

I was going maybe 15 mph but the bags didn’t have a scuff on them. I’m pretty happy. My high viz striped jacket didn’t seem to help much in this case either it didn’t seem.

Hi Viz is amazingly easy to see, (I was in the Highway Traffic Safety Biz for 24 1/2 years). I'm shocked they didn't see you. Firm believer in Hi Viz gear. Then again people pull out in front of Firetrucks and cop cars with lights and sirens blasting.

Glad everything turned out ok.

Yes, they are good little panniers and don't look oversized (like some do) on the bike. I have a very old set and they have been on many bikes over the years and held up well.

Glad you’re ok. I’m a huge fan of HiViz as well, but as has been noted, idiots pull out in front of fire trucks. If they can’t see a 35 ft long 8 ft high vehicle covered with flashing lights….

Glad you’re ok. I’m a huge fan of HiViz as well, but as has been noted, idiots pull out in front of fire trucks. If they can’t see a 35 ft long 8 ft high vehicle covered with flashing lights….
Honestly I’ve been keeping an eye out for bikes and have noticed that I usually can’t distinguish what they’re wearing until they are very close to me. Hi viz might be useful in densely packed traffic but on state routes that are 45 + mph I’m not so sure it will make a difference. A white helmet, yes. Those I’ve noticed a long way off. Also reflective strips will also help at night. High viz I’m not sold anymore. Although my club vest is high viz anyway.

Back