• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi E22n saddlebags

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone with knowledge of the Givi e22n saddlebags? I'm considering them for my 2016 NC700X dct...they look a little flimsy, but the price is right...I should only have to add the mounting brackets pl1146 from Givi since I have their top box and mount...also, how difficult is it to install the mounting brackets? Thanks for your input

I had an older version on my former NC700X. I still have them and they have been on many of my bikes. Imho they are proportionally suitable for the NC also. I never had an issue with them.

Anyone with knowledge of the Givi e22n saddlebags? I'm considering them for my 2016 NC700X dct...they look a little flimsy, but the price is right...I should only have to add the mounting brackets pl1146 from Givi since I have their top box and mount...also, how difficult is it to install the mounting brackets? Thanks for your input
I have them. And I had their predecessor, the E21. Actually I have/had the Kappa versions of the same cases. Yes, they look a little flimsy (like most Givi cases do) but mine have held up to whatever load I put in them. Last year they went with me on a 6300 mile round trip from midwest USA to Newfoundland, Canada. No problems. Very convenient to not have to detach the case to get in and out of it, as you might need to do with side opening cases. The majority of my lodging is camping, so there is rarely any need to remove a top loading case from the bike. Another advantage to the 22 cases is they don’t stick out very far and reduce the fuel economy like larger cases do.

Attached photo is not of my bike, but it shows the side cases and a similar top case I use on long trips. For short trips I use a smallertop case and no side cases.

64B80F05-ECE8-47E9-B586-C6ED54ACD332.jpeg

My actual topcase model shown below. Although it’s not specifically matched to the E22/K22, it looks like it goes well. Unless you just want cases to hold helmets, squared off case shapes are far better for loading various cargo than the rounded curvy cases. I’ll never buy a rounded case again.
83A05CA7-BEE0-4C03-8723-EDE69DAB1865.jpeg

Last edited:
They carried home a 6lb frozen lasagna from Sam’s club yesterday for me. I’ve also tipped my bike over on them and no cracks just some scuffs

I have them. And I had their predecessor, the E21. Actually I have/had the Kappa versions of the same cases. Yes, they look a little flimsy (like most Givi cases do) but mine have held up to whatever load I put in them. Last year they went with me on a 6300 mile round trip from midwest USA to Newfoundland, Canada. No problems. Very convenient to not have to detach the case to get in and out of it, as you might need to do with side opening cases. The majority of my lodging is camping, so there is rarely any need to remove a top loading case from the bike. Another advantage to the 22 cases is they don’t stick out very far and reduce the fuel economy like larger cases do.

Attached photo is not of my bike, but it shows the side cases and a similar top case I use on long trips. For short trips I use a smallertop case and no side cases.

View attachment 50431

My actual topcase model shown below. Although it’s not specifically matched to the E22/K22, it looks like it goes well. Unless you just want cases to hold helmets, squared off case shapes are far better for loading various cargo than the rounded curvy cases. I’ll never buy a rounded case again.
View attachment 50432

Moderator note: Thread moved to NC700 Mods.

Thanks very much for the ifo..I'm pretty sure I'll go with them...was the install difficult?
The install depends on the mounting hardware choice. Once the brackets are on, the case just snaps on. Are you going with Givi hardware?

YesPL1146
The side case hardware install should be easy for a mechanically minded person with proper tools. The hardest part of the hardware install will be if and when you drop a bolt or a washer inside the NC’s bodywork. It can take a long time to find it and retrieve it. :)

I just called Givi and they said I only need the 1146 because I already have the Givi Top Case rack installed.
Sounds good. So you probably already have the 1146FZ installed.

View attachment 50431

View attachment 50432
I'm curious why a side opening case would ever have to be removed to get in and out of it?

I have the Givi ST609 semi-rigid panniers on my 2014 NC750S and the rack and pannier rails were reasonably easy to fit, albeit with a bit of pushing and shoving to make a couple of the holes line up. I also found that the plastic latches on the panniers which clip on to the rails were a very tight fit and needed a bit of filing down to make them easier to clip on and off.

I also found that on the NC750S because the rear "mudguard" is miles away from the wheel, water will splash on to the panniers and get in through the zips! I am considering fitting a rear wheel hugger to prevent this, but my short term solution was to get some waterproof bags (as used by hikers and kayakers) off Amazon to put inside the panniers.

Hopefully your rigid top-opening panniers won;t suffer from this defect!

Back