• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Luggage: Speed/Weight limits

Big top case and maybe some small/mid-sized soft front panniers if you really need to bring tons of stuff seems better to me than going so wide in back.

If the OP is still around and worried about how fast he can go with his Givi/Kappa luggage... Well I hope this video isn't anyone on this forum, but someone apparently took it upon themselves to test the "speed limits" of the luggage...

[video=youtube;Cei3G7EtUp8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cei3G7EtUp8[/video]

FWIW, my wife easily carries 6 gallons of liquid in her top bag and uses all three for regular grocery shopping for the 9 people in our house.

If the OP is still around and worried about how fast he can go with his Givi/Kappa luggage... Well I hope this video isn't anyone on this forum, but someone apparently took it upon themselves to test the "speed limits" of the luggage...

[video=youtube;Cei3G7EtUp8]
Link doesn’t seem to work. Thanks though!

Plus +1 on the trailer option, although I can attest that it doesn't solve that pesky 10% problem.

View attachment 32992

Ray
Understand that this is pretty old and my question is not that interesting to most but I had an ST 1300 that I pulled a trailer with for several years until #1 son destroyed the bike. Question 1, is the NC750 up to the task of pulling a 200 lb 2 wheel trailer that's not exactly aero dynamic and second question, is there a simple hitch for the 750 that bolts up or is it home made?

I have a 1250 Bandit that can certainly pull the trailer but I may sell that bike once I get the 750 that I BELIEVE will serve me well and may replace the Bandit (well not in a 1/4 mile against a Corvette) but should make me smile anyway.

There was a contributor here for a while that pulled a trailer with his NC700X but we haven't seen him in a while. I don't think a hitch manufacturer ever made one for the NC.

Is it capable of towing your trailer? Well, I wouldn't want to do it but if you stayed off high speed roads and took your time I'm sure it would be doable. This bike has adequate power for it's design brief but little excess power.

Thanks dd!
That's about what I figured...ok for off interstate travel and not big mountain climbing. I might consider a single wheel style and more narrow and a slicker shape. I miss my ST but the older I get the heavier it got so RIP old faithful steed.

One of the reasons I've considered another trailer is the wind drag that the side boxes create and a lower less "boxey" shape could carry more weight and could be viable. I gotta mention dragging something behind a bike can be a PIA at times but carrying extra riding gear, larger camping gear like cots and ice chests can make up for the "drag". Think, think, think??!!

[video=youtube;Cei3G7EtUp8]

I must admit I have never had any significant issues with panniers at speed. However I certainly have had issues with top boxes at speed on one or two bikes.

Back