• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Givi Top Case Rack Fitment Problem-Solved

Doc True

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the 1111FZ Givi top case rack and I'm having an issue with the mounting brackets at the end of the arms sitting too low. The bracket that I'm supposed to be mounting my monkey plate to is a few inched below the ends of the grab rails and there's not enough clearance to mount it. The end of the arms should either be further rearward or higher I think

Has anyone run into this issue when installing this rack?

*This bike is equipped with the optional OEM grab rails that are longer than stock. The longer rails interfere with the rack. The Givi rack is designed to only work with the stock grab rails

Attachments

• ez0kEP6hT2epiZzsQK+snw.jpg
    ez0kEP6hT2epiZzsQK+snw.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • BVQRre4oSieUkGGMUzTbOw.jpg
    BVQRre4oSieUkGGMUzTbOw.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • iP4zUQpXQ2C6ri2gb+8I+w.jpg
    iP4zUQpXQ2C6ri2gb+8I+w.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • lUNjPsQlT%qrFgqlo%hBfA.jpg
    lUNjPsQlT%qrFgqlo%hBfA.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • d1gKsHENTa2bzUIuYZ8mtw.jpg
    d1gKsHENTa2bzUIuYZ8mtw.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I believe (?) you have Honda grab rails for an OEM sidecase setup. I think, and could certainly be mistaken, that you need original rails -or possibly an adapter?- to work with that Givi setup.

I believe (?) you have Honda grab rails for an OEM sidecase setup. I think, and could certainly be mistaken, that you need original rails -or possibly an adapter?- to work with that Givi setup.

Did the Honda side cases require replacement rails? I thought only the Honda top box required replacement rails

Has anyone run into this issue when installing this rack?
Mine mounted up with no issues. 1 1 1 1 FZ Bag supports and GIVI- M7. I also installed the PL-1 1 1 1.

Double check the orientation of those 4 tabs that screw to the same holes your grab rail uses #2 and #3 on the parts list. Might have them in the wrong spot Remember that being a bit of a head scratcher......... I also recall (very faintly) if I was NOT going to be installing the side panniers and consequently their mounting brackets (PL-1 1 1 1 ) I couldn't use the 1 1 1 1 FZ and required something else. Not sure so hit up GIVI's web site for specifics. HTH

EDIT: Looks like you should be able to mount those up without any other hardware so ignore ^^^ Extra hardware only needed if installing panniers and NO top case.
BTW, what year is your bike? I know these work on the '12 to '15 model years.
IMG_2772-XL.jpg

Last edited:
As was mentioned already in post #2, you have the Honda accessory grab rails. I don’t know that the Givi 1111 works with them. You may need to switch to the stock grab rails.

I don't own either, so I'm not 100%, but I had inquired about a photo I had seen in the past of those rails. On each rail there is a u-shaped bracket That I asked about and was told it was for the Honda OEM side cases.
I can say positively, that those are not the rails that came on my 2015 Honda NC 700x, and I am fairly certain that they are for Honda side cases, and perhaps the top case as well.
Anyways, someone will be along shortly to chime in with better knowledge, But I don't know that those rails will allow you to use the GV system.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can also confirm whether or not the plastics needed to be cut in order to install those rails.

Did the Honda side cases require replacement rails? I thought only the Honda top box required replacement rails
Honda side cases and/or the Honda topcase required the replacement accessory rails.

When one buys the Honda luggage rack to fit Honda luggage the kit replaces the passenger grab rails. Like others have noticed you need the original grab rails.

Last edited:
Want to add that your mount looks slightly different than mine. Might be an older design (but it is the same part number). In your 2nd picture of the side mount, there looks like some sort of sleeve or ??? that one of the screws goes through. Mine doesn't have that, the entire mount is just a smooth tube with an exaggerated oval shape. Assuming (I don't know) the accessory grab rail mounts to the same location in the frame as the stock OEM , and the GIVI mounts under the rail it should make no difference as to how far back or high your Givi mount ends up. But, since you are hitting the grab rail with the mount yeah, a new oem grab rail will probably do the trick.

Last edited:
Want to add that your mount looks slightly different than mine. Might be an older design (but it is the same part number). In your 2nd picture of the side mount, there looks like some sort of sleeve or ??? that one of the screws goes through. Mine doesn't have that, the entire mount is just a smooth tube with an exaggerated oval shape. Assuming (I don't know) the accessory grab rail mounts to the same location in the frame as the stock OEM , and the GIVI mounts under the rail it should make no difference as to how far back or high your Givi mount ends up. But, since you are hitting the grab rail with the mount yeah, a new oem grab rail will probably do the trick.
Yes, I agree that Givi may have changed slightly the construction of the Monokey arms since 2012 when I ordered a pair.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. It looks like Givi rack and the optional grab rails are incompatible. I did not realize that I had the optional rails on this bike

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. It looks like Givi rack and the optional grab rails are incompatible. I did not realize that I had the optional rails on this bike
It appears that the side bag brackets are attached to your accessory grab rails. Do you have Honda side bags? If you don’t, get stock rails which should be easy to find from people that installed Honda trunks. I‘d hate to think how many stock rails were just tossed in the trash. The Honda luggage option was not Honda’s smartest engineering feat, but it‘s multi component complexity probably made it profitable.

Last edited:
Back