• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Trekker 1111KIT / 1111FZ - 2016

supertux1

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So good news and bad. It don't fit.

This pannier looks sweet right?

090977eb656c124e1d2657378ad27f56.jpg

Unfortunately, the 1111FZ and 1111KIT used to mount it won't clear the back plastics. This thing:

13e3c52d1d1e19b75d6f4010ec51fcbf.jpg

So I pulled them off and mounted anyway. Who needs plastic!

It needs another inch or so of width to clear the plastic and to get closer to the passenger footpegs:

5bffbecdcf52b1fd1b23a8951cc10e95.jpg

So I am off to the hardware store to make some brackets!

4023598e1a4d18c3f778d4f7a6bbf35f.jpg

Not quite...

Custom bracketry.....

e5656ef7da5a29fed8d620249799a8cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok it's pretty stable once bolted down, the whole bike moves when I grab and move the rail. Tomorrow I will make the other side, clean the sharp edges up with a file and paint it all black. I'm not sure if there's going to be a length issue with the cross bar at the back but if it don't stretch I'll cut it in half and JB weld a pin in there... Should be good until givi gets off their arse and makes a new kit...

I have the same problem fitting Givi V35s to mine. My solution was to have an extension welded onto the rear bike to rack adaptor plates, with new holes drilled in them. Cost $20. I'm planning on bolting them on this week.

I have the same problem fitting Givi V35s to mine. My solution was to have an extension welded onto the rear bike to rack adaptor plates, with new holes drilled in them. Cost $20. I'm planning on bolting them on this week.

Please take and post some pics of the mod when you get to bolting them on next week.

You'll find that with that extra width the crossbar at the back (if you have one) will be too short. I confirmed that today mounting the other side. I decided to make my own with three layers of that same steel stock. Paint is drying on the steel bits now, will mount later.

Yes, there's a rear cross bar- This one is tubular (tube stock) with flattened ends drilled for bolts to the racks. Once the rack is on I'll figure out how much extension I need to add. I'm mulling over short bar stock on either end (easy, quick but an extra set of bolts- rear bar to extension bars to rack) or cutting the cross tube in the middle and having a length welded in ( stronger, but more expensive).

Back