• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi trekker luggage

Hey gkgeiger .....

They look great ... can you post some pictures with the bags removed ?? Interested in seeing what the racks looks like ...

Thanks ...

Here ya go. I can't think of a reason to take them off though.

018.jpg

017.jpg

I'm looking at the Givi Trekkers myself. Does anyone know the part # for the mounting racks for panniers? I'm looking at the 33Ls, but am confused about which mounting rack to get.

I'm looking at the Givi Trekkers myself. Does anyone know the part # for the mounting racks for panniers? I'm looking at the 33Ls, but am confused about which mounting rack to get.

I believe the Trekkers use the PL1111 racks with the Kit1111. Google Givi and the site has the info.

Art

Email received from Givi USA

Thank you for contacting GIVI motorcycle accessories. We appreciate the interest you have shown in
our products. Please see all options listed below.

2012 Honda NC700X

FZ1111 topcase moutning hardware $168.00

PL1111 sidecase mounting hardware $199.00

D1111ST windscreen $125.00

TN1111 engine guards $189.00

TRK33N $320.00

TRK46N $335.00

E118 $55.00

E120 $90.00

Order can be placed through your local motorcyce/accessories dealer or by contating us at 1-877-375-4484.

Spoke with the guy on the Givi stand at the London show. Strangely they do not do a trekker fitting kit for my Crossrunner but they do one to fit their standard panniers. Strange that they do not do one for the Trekkers as surely these would suit the adventure bike style of the Crossrunner far better

My only complaint is, as with all Givi bags, you have to use the key everytime you open them. PITA!
The stock OEM bags are kind of the same way. You **can** leave the bags unlocked, but you risk an inopportune opening of the bags while cruising. The top case is less likely, but the side cases could easily open and even fall off if not locked. I'll take the extra 3 seconds to lock/unlock.

For what it's worth, I've recently installed the Caribou system. They utilize the Hepco-Becker mounting system, and a clever system to attach Pelican cases to the Hepco-Becker mounts.

It's still too cold here in Wisconsin to ride, but the bike sure looks rugged siting in the garage. Once the Ice Age breaks, I'll post photos and usage impressions.

Scott A. Anderson
Blue Mounds, WI
2012 Honda NC700X

For what it's worth, I've recently installed the Caribou system. They utilize the Hepco-Becker mounting system, and a clever system to attach Pelican cases to the Hepco-Becker mounts.

It's still too cold here in Wisconsin to ride, but the bike sure looks rugged siting in the garage. Once the Ice Age breaks, I'll post photos and usage impressions.

Scott A. Anderson
Blue Mounds, WI
2012 Honda NC700X

Without pictures...it wasn't done! hint hint hint

What are you guys paying for a Trekker setup? For the top mount, side mounts, top and side boxes, back rest and luggage rack for top I'm getting prices for around $1400.

Also, it seems like to get the best price you need to buy from a number of different places. In some cases Revzilla seems better, on other aspects Twisted seems better and then my local dealer has better prices for others.

If you recently bought a trekker setup (namely 33's for the side and 46 for the top), what did you pay and where did you find the best prices.

quick question for the trekker guys - In the pictures I've seen the right hand side case is pretty close to the exhaust pipe. How close? And does heat from the pipe heat the case?

Hi,

my X is equiped with Givi Trekker and made them installed when I ordered the bike. I choose this model for the appearance and (I suppose) because in a square shape you can put more stuff than in a round shaped one. I bought the top case and side luggages, the idea was to make long trips, maybe camping, or use the bike to make the everyday shopping.

With the complete set you have a lot of available space, but you have manage properly the internal packaging. My top case is equiped with a metallic rack, you can carry a big fotografic tripod or a big BBQ coal bag.

Last week I made a 80 miles under the rain, (rain, not a storm) the internal of the 3 luggages was perfectly dry. About the distance between the exhaust and the case, there are approx 3/4cm, I will try the exhaust temperature the next time I use the bike. But the motor doesn't heat a lot.

About the use, you need the key to open, close or remove the cases. One point in wich I was a little desapointed: when I ordered the Trekker, I was told that the lateral cases can be opened by the complete cover and by the top. Actually you can only open the half of the top. It bothers me a little because I planned to make a complete fotografic material case with one box, but the opening is not big enough to take out a camera. OK, I can live with this.

I hade one little problem, but it was my fault: I put a lot of clothes, leather jacket, etc in one case, so to close the case i hade to put a lot of pressure. I was a bad idea, I had to truggle to open the lid again, something was blocked between the case and the lid. OK, just take care.

The top case is equiped with a little back rest, my wife appreciate a lot.

NC700X.jpg

B.R.

Thanks BR for all the information. So it sounds like you don't suspect there is much heating of the case by the pipe. I suppose even a small gap is enough when moving. At .75cm that's even less than I suspected from images I've seen.

I'm mainly going to use cases for daily commuting use. My plan is to get the side and top mounts, but only get the side cases. Since I can put the side case on the top (thanks revzilla video!), I'll have the option to remove side cases and go with just one used as top case. And maybe on the future I'll get an additional top case for trips or special use. Or maybe I'll just go with side cases alone. More decisions!!

quick question for the trekker guys - In the pictures I've seen the right hand side case is pretty close to the exhaust pipe. How close? And does heat from the pipe heat the case?

I've had the 33's as side cases on my bike for at least 1500 miles mostly commuting to work through stop and go traffic. While cleaning up the bike today I took them off and checked for exhaust damage and I didn't find anything.

My R&G hugger appears to have done little to stop the mounting side of the cases from getting dirty. The cases pop off easy for carrying into a motel room but you might find them too dirty to throw onto a bed without putting a towel down first.

Thanks for all of the information. Ever since I saw tromba's trekker setup, I've lusted after the tekker cases. I ordered my givi monokey setup today with trekker 33L x 2. I opted for the side rack (PL1111) and the "kit" (1111KIT) so (for now) no top casefor me - just the side cases.

Revzilla said they were not selling the two case set any more. So I had to buy the 3-case key package for $30, apparently I'll do anything for one less key.

Back