• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi V37

Sasmaster

Reaction score
Visit site
For those who own, or just in the know, does the V37 actually fit a large to XL helmet? I've read mixed reviews and google hasn't helped me get a straight answer. The previous owner installed a Givi top box mount and I know those will but I'd prefer to avoid a top box if possible.

For those who own, or just in the know, does the V37 actually fit a large to XL helmet? I've read mixed reviews and google hasn't helped me get a straight answer. The previous owner installed a Givi top box mount and I know those will but I'd prefer to avoid a top box if possible.
Totally depends on the helmet style and brand. Different brands have different shell sizes and shapes. Some have visors, wind deflectors on the rear, etc.

Bummer. I was hoping these bags would help with my commute. I guess I can either take the chance that it will work or get a top box. Thanks

I have the V35 side cases with 34l capacity as per GIVI site and I can fit (tight) this helmet size Large:

1588697304999.png

1588694754110.png

V37 cases get 3l more capacity. You might want to bring your helmet in a store to check the fit as I did.

The previous owner installed a Givi top box mount and I know those will but I'd prefer to avoid a top box if possible.
I understand you'd prefer to avoid a topbox, but, as one who has ridden a few miles with both, I can tell you that the top box is a much EASIER solution. I take my wife into work on my NC quite often, ( and on my Honda Helix before that), and stowing her helmet and jacket in the top box is MUCH simpler and easier than stowing it in my ST1300, with huge side bags. I have a set of Givi Outback Trekkers, and to be honest, despite their obvious coolness, they are not that practical. I have hit my knee numerous times mounting the bike, and those bags are SOLID. Add to that, it makes mounting the bike very tough for my wife, so they stay home most days, and my top box goes with me often.
SInce you've got the mounting bracket already, I'd recommend trying a top box. Form follows Function!

I understand you'd prefer to avoid a topbox, but, as one who has ridden a few miles with both, I can tell you that the top box is a much EASIER solution. I take my wife into work on my NC quite often, ( and on my Honda Helix before that), and stowing her helmet and jacket in the top box is MUCH simpler and easier than stowing it in my ST1300, with huge side bags. I have a set of Givi Outback Trekkers, and to be honest, despite their obvious coolness, they are not that practical. I have hit my knee numerous times mounting the bike, and those bags are SOLID. Add to that, it makes mounting the bike very tough for my wife, so they stay home most days, and my top box goes with me often.
SInce you've got the mounting bracket already, I'd recommend trying a top box. Form follows Function!
I second this. My bike looks so much better with its sidecases rather than my huge topbox, but the topbox is easier to load and unload, mount and dismount, and leaves a narrower footprint as well.

The whole "looks better" thing is subjective anyway, programming via what we see the most often. But whatever. I'd rather use what works well for me, and that's a large tough removable topbox (mine's a Hepco & Becker) that can hold lots of groceries or ATGATT stuff, and a small case on the Dale rack.

2019-09-11 15;00;14 by greenboy, on Flickr

2017-05-21 15;27;29 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
The previous owner installed a Givi top box mount and I know those will but I'd prefer to avoid a top box if possible.
I realize you like what you like, and I'm not trying to change that. But, I'll mention that one reason I prefer top boxes over side bags is the wind resistance caused by the side bags. Side bags drop my fuel mileage by about 5 mpg, so I avoid the side bags unless I really need to carry a lot of stuff.

Back to your side bag search, I hope you find some that work for you.

I realize you like what you like, and I'm not trying to change that. But, I'll mention that one reason I prefer top boxes over side bags is the wind resistance caused by the side bags. Side bags drop my fuel mileage by about 5 mpg, so I avoid the side bags unless I really need to carry a lot of stuff.

Back to your side bag search, I hope you find some that work for you.
Well said

I understand you'd prefer to avoid a topbox, but, as one who has ridden a few miles with both, I can tell you that the top box is a much EASIER solution... Since you've got the mounting bracket already, I'd recommend trying a top box. Form follows Function!

Well wisdom comes from experience so I'd be a fool to not consider such advice. It would be a smaller investment to purchase a top box instead of the side cases, especially since I dont have the hard case racks. I'd really only use it for lunch and gear storage. I was thinking side bags would be a good investment as I could also utilize them for trips but that only happens a few times a year and I already have a roll up duffel so, redundant idea I suppose.

Does the bike get tippy or catch the wind with the added weight/bulk up that high up?

Does the bike get tippy or catch the wind with the added weight/bulk up that high up?
I have not done any high speed tests on the NC or the ST1300, but at 70-80 MPH, I have not observed any untoward or unusual behaviors. Mine is rarely loaded all that heavily. Mostly clothes or wife’s gear, or light groceries. I use a very reasonable Bestem top box, I’m pretty sure the Givi would perform better.

Well wisdom comes from experience so I'd be a fool to not consider such advice. It would be a smaller investment to purchase a top box instead of the side cases, especially since I dont have the hard case racks. I'd really only use it for lunch and gear storage. I was thinking side bags would be a good investment as I could also utilize them for trips but that only happens a few times a year and I already have a roll up duffel so, redundant idea I suppose.

Nope...I have a top case, sometimes I carry a case of beer in in on my beer runs, and dont notice the weight at all.

The high center of gravity was a concern for me, but I dont notice it. I also have a 56liter

I am certain I have exceeded the recommended weight of my Givi 56 litre topbox on many an occasion, and never noticed an issue with a changed center of gravity.

Truthfully, as with a taller windshield, you can in some circumstances feel dire crosswinds/gusting. The advantage of a low-to-ground motorcycle is not to be found in the NC anyway ; }

Some people feel it's not safe to have anyone less petite than Barbie riding pillion. I myself have not yet found that I really notice.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

First, get what YOU want.

Second, unless you are running long distances at highway speeds you will NOT lose 5mpg in fuel economy with side boxes. Air resistance at highway speeds may drop fuel economy with side boxes, slab sided adventure style boxes will amplify that effect. Streamlined boxes like a V37 will have a lower effect. But there will be virtually no noticeable affect at city/suburban speeds so the average fuel loss will be well below 5mpg

Third, any boxes added anywhere on your bike will increase the sail effect in side winds. Shape of boxes makes some difference, placement makes some difference. So will your body shape And windshield and helmet.

Finally, it’s your bike. Get what you want. Ride your ride

Back