• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Going to install Vololights

Installation and Testing

How hard can it be - a positive and negative wire and a license plate frame. Well... We start with stripping one of the hex head bolts that hold the taillight assembly to the bike. Then finding that getting a drill in there to drill it out was a huge challenge - then the easy out snapped and after all that, I finally got it hooked up and mounted (3 hours).

THEN... I could not get the accelerometer to calibrate. I seemed like such an easy procedure - I spent hours on the internet trying to find the answer. Nothing - I was doing everything correctly or so it seemed. The I am staring at the thing and notice that the license plate light on the new Vololight frame was on the bottom pointing up. I had put the license plate upside down and thus the poor electronics were totally 180 out and thus my calibration problem. We won't mention the fact that fixing that mess also required that I re-do everything including the wiring over again. Finally, after a few more hours of funage, it was done. Now it calibrated fine and when the wife followed me around the neighborhood, she said it worked well.

(If you buy one - a easy way to test it is to raise your hand every time you decelerate and have the wife confirm that the plate lit up)

I have a few group rides coming up and I'll do more reviews after I get feedback. The light is bright!! and I don't think it looks bad on the bike...

Attachments

• IMG_5327.jpg
    IMG_5327.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 149
Back