• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Going to wait for the 2014 or 15 or......

American Honda has been horrible about color choices since the late '70s. Be glad there are 2 choices but expect different color options ever couple years.

Color choices? What color choices? Last time I checked, with the exception of a blue VFR and a blue GL1800, the current ENTIRE Honda street bike and scooter lineup comes in only four colors. Red, white, grey, and black. I don't consider that much choice at all.

Greg

American Honda has been horrible about color choices since the late '70s. Be glad there are 2 choices but expect different color options ever couple years.

Color choices? What color choices? Last time I checked, with the exception of a blue GL1800, and that Bismol CBR, the current ENTIRE American Honda street bike and scooter lineup comes in only four colors. Red, white, grey, and black. I don't consider that much choice at all.

Greg

Last edited:
I didn't want to wait any longer because based on what I read, honda for the most part had a solid foundation with the NC. The thing that scares me is, as a model "evolves" sometimes they change things, and slip in a few new things. Some good, some bad.

Honda hires bean counters that tell them what colors sell most.

You're absolutely right. Actually, the buying public is to blame for the lack of color choices.

Greg

Marketing type people might have more say on the color choices. Honda tends to more conservative with its color schemes and stick to its "brand color" and black/white/grey.

I waited for the RED for 3 months. Thats right on the edge of me telling the dealership to KILL the deal.
I really wanted a WHITE nc, but they don't make that color for here in the USA.

50cc difference for the 2014/2015 model, I pass. 50cc is not that much of a difference to me. I rather would wait for a color that I wanted.

Ken

There's also the school of thought that goes along with what Henry Ford reportedly said about the model T - any color you want so long as it's black. These days, that would translate into, we build such good products, exactly what the public wants, they will buy them in any color we build. Called, IMHO, arrogance.

Well if they do increase it by 50cc, I wonder where they are getting the HP from? Bigger pistons?

I hate to say this but.... If your someone who waits for 2 years to buy a cycle then in Honda's eyes your just a tire kicker. They really aren't to worried about pleasing you. Wait and you will definitely pay more and ride less.

I'm one of the "wait"ers - although not by choice. I find it interesting how people have taken this thread. I totally understand how it can be viewed as a troll. I'm not a tire-kicker (although I don't see anything wrong with that) as I simply can't afford to buy one now (currently own a 2007 shadow) and am saving to buy. My time frame is in approximately 6 months so this change has a big effect on my final decision. I understand Honda's decision to "distance" the 500s from the nc700 but I hope that price difference isn't increased substantally and put it beyond my price range. I could care less about the extra power especially if it comes at a big price markup.

Will they even be out in 2014? That's the questions. I'm kind of thinking they won't. I'm mean we are there already. Don't the new models usually debut around Septemeber or October. Might be waiting an entire year from now. Thoughts???

It looks like it could be a while before a 750 model goes on sale in the USA. Stopped by my dealer Saturday and while I was talking to the General Manager I mentioned that the NC750 was generating a lot of buzz on the forum. He said he had never heard of an NC750. Anyway, he logged onto the dealer network and the '14 NCs are not yet available for dealer pre ordering and there was no mention of a 750. Craig is pretty well informed when it comes to the product lines, and it's a pretty large dealership, so either Honda USA is playing it really close to the vest or it could be some time before we see a 750 on the showroom floor.
Either way I think I'll probably wait for the 2016 model since I'm currently pretty happy with my outdated 2012 NC700. :)

Bob

I've followed a lot of threads on the 750X and I've not been overly concerned with the power or colors. But I would wait if I know I could get one with ABS next summer. Anyone heard anything about whether ABS is a likely choice for the NC in 2014?

I'm going to wait until 2017 for the NC800X with the ABS option without the mandatory DCT! Probably 96 horsepower!
They will be available in yellow, white, red and black!
Don't ask me where I get my information. If I told you I would have to terminate you!

It looks like it could be a while before a 750 model goes on sale in the USA. Stopped by my dealer Saturday and while I was talking to the General Manager I mentioned that the NC750 was generating a lot of buzz on the forum. He said he had never heard of an NC750. Anyway, he logged onto the dealer network and the '14 NCs are not yet available for dealer pre ordering and there was no mention of a 750. Craig is pretty well informed when it comes to the product lines, and it's a pretty large dealership, so either Honda USA is playing it really close to the vest or it could be some time before we see a 750 on the showroom floor.
Either way I think I'll probably wait for the 2016 model since I'm currently pretty happy with my outdated 2012 NC700. :)

Bob
The 750 is supposed to be released next month at Intermot in France. If so US dealers will not get to order until next spring providing it comes here. This is how the NC700X was released. My dealer couldn't order mine until I think it was May of 2012 after the release the previous November 2011 at the EICMA show in Milan.

Well if they do increase it by 50cc, I wonder where they are getting the HP from? Bigger pistons?

On the reported NC750 training bike, the bore was increased from 73 to 77 mm. The stroke remains at 80mm. If you do the math, it went from 670cc to 745cc, an increase of 75cc. Interesting though, the low end grunt on the 700 comes in part due to "long stroke". These new dimensions of 77x80 approach a boring squarish bore. I wonder how the power curve will pan out on the 750?

Greg

Back