• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Goldwing to NC750X

• Thread starter Deleted member 10242
  • Start date
I don't know where this idea of mine is coming from, but thinking about selling my 2018 Goldwing non-tour DCT and buying a 2022 NC750X DCT. I know I am sold on the DCT. Before the Goldwing I had an Africa Twin DCT. The Twin was too high for my comfort and as soon as I sat on the Goldwing I traded the AT in on the Goldwing. Been very happy with the Goldwing but at 67 years old and only doing local 1 up riding for the most part, thinking the NC750X might be a better fit for me. Plus, something about changing bikes every 2-3 years seems to be a "condition" I have. If I sell my Goldwing I should have plenty of cash to purchase and add some updates to the NC750X and still have money left over. That would help sell the idea to my wife :) Question is if anyone else has come from the Goldwing to the NC750X? Curious about the ergonomics, comfort and overall impressions. The Goldwing is very comfortable and leg positioning works well for me. I don't want a sport like sitting position. I like my legs under me and the option to add highway pegs would be nice just so I can stretch out my legs a bit. I do hope to take a few long trips but it's just not something I would do often. I did see a rumor that the 2023 NC could be an 850 so maybe I should wait a bit. Wouldn't mind a tft screen vs the lcd but not sure I'd wait for that. And I do wish we could get the blue color instead of the red here in the US. Anyone have an experience similar coming from a touring bike (Goldwing, Harley, etc)???
i just made the transition myself. 2018 Goldwing to the 2023 NC750 DCT. i felt that the wing was just too large and cumbersome for commuting to work 15 minutes and local grocery store. it was heavy and hard to move around. Beautiful machine but just not for what i needed it for. NC is much easier to ride, more confident handling, easy to manually move around.

Interesting, I'm currently on a 750X and I'm wanting to switch to a Gold Wing. I'm 6'4 and 33 years old. I find it incredibly uncomfortable to ride for longer than 30 minutes. I upgraded to a bigger wind screen and my head is still a foot over the screen. The 2022 Goldwing looks so plush and with an added backrest I could see myself doing really long trips on it. Right now on my 2020 NC750X my commute to work is 45 minutes and I always show up hurting and fatigued from the ride. How does your Gold wing fair on long jaunts, is the seat comfy?
very comfortable. just a lot of bike to handle and store. i just traded down to the NC and it’s nice for my needs. 15 minutes to work and just evening jaunts to the store or joy ride.

i just made the transition myself. 2018 Goldwing to the 2023 NC750 DCT. i felt that the wing was just too large and cumbersome for commuting to work 15 minutes and local grocery store. it was heavy and hard to move around. Beautiful machine but just not for what i needed it for. NC is much easier to ride, more confident handling, easy to manually move around.
I sold my 2018 Red Goldwing Tour DCT in March after owning it for 5 years and replaced it with the 2023 NC 750 XD.
Like you, the wing was getting too big and heavy to move around.
I could ride it just fine, but doing maintenance on it was horrible. Valve checks, air filter was a laborious task.
People think the plastic removal on the NC is bad, try a new Goldwing. o_O
The NC750 is a dream to work on, even the oil changes are easier.
Losing 350 pounds was a bonus too.
Very easy to flick around the city traffic.
Love the frunk, genius move Honda.

I enjoy riding both my Goldwing and NC700X. They are paid for and I have the space. If it comes to selling one the Wing would go.

Back