• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Golf or M/C riding?

rjcrtc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just noticed that I have only put 2,500 miles on my NC this year. I have played 120 rounds of golf. At 4.25 hours per round, I could of been on the bike for 510 hours. Averaging 40 mph I could of added 20,400 miles to the bike. Or maybe with those 500 hours, I could have learned how to play guitar or speak Spanish. Not that I regret my time on the golf course, but those hours really add up.

I truly love to play golf .... But I essentially gave it up 20 years ago for that same reason. It's just too time-consuming for my lifestyle. With my other hobbies (rc airplanes, shooting, riding Skookum) you can take it in smaller bites and still get all the enjoyment. But boy, I do miss golf sometimes
>T

I strap the clubs to the bike and ride to the course. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt riding a motorcycle by far.

While growing up, when my father passed by a golf course with the family in the car. He would scream out the window to anyone on the course and say "Chasing your nuts!!!".

I still remember those times and to this day I horn loudly when I see a guy getting ready to take their swing.

hirumas_evil_grin_xd_by_thunder85.png

Golf always brought out the worst in me. Riding brings out the best. My clubs have been sitting in the closet for over a decade and I don't really miss it at all.

Speaking of hours adding up, I used to drive a bus for a living. After an 8 hour day, I would think to myself that I could be sitting on the Gulf of Mexico, or riding around Kentucky, or nearly to Washington DC by now if I had been in anything but my bus. It got to be a depressing little game after a while.

Just noticed that I have only put 2,500 miles on my NC this year. I have played 120 rounds of golf. At 4.25 hours per round, I could of been on the bike for 510 hours. Averaging 40 mph I could of added 20,400 miles to the bike. Or maybe with those 500 hours, I could have learned how to play guitar or speak Spanish. Not that I regret my time on the golf course, but those hours really add up.

High, my name is rjcrtc and I'm an NC700 abuser.

Thanks for sharing......

I was an avid golfer myself but find Dual Sporting on the NC much more relaxing and A WHOLE LOT cheaper HAHA!!! Though I still enjoy an occasional round of golf, I much rather be in the woods enjoying nature on my NC.

None of the guys I golf with ride motorcycles and it sounds like there aren't any avid golfers that belong to this forum. That's ok, because I like them both.

Other than the miniature kind I have never played golf, I suppose it could be fun to play. What I don't understand about it is why there is so much of it it on TV, it has to be the most boring thing to watch, I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Golf on TV, and why do the commentators whisper, it's not like the golfers can hear them, I'm sure they're in a booth far removed from where the so called action is taken place. I hear that there is a golf channel on cable, WHY, do people actually watch it. I don't have cable TV.

Back