• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goodbye NC and NBD

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
well was a fun year. but i have decided to do away with my 2016 Honda NC750X DCT.
The reasons are many. I am very happy with the new bike.

On April 15 2017 i picked up a 2017 Yamaha FZ-07.

On NBD (New Bike Day) i arrive at the dealer at 0900. My new bike is inside the showroom waiting for me.
aVKJyzIl.jpg

Getting ready to hit road on my new bike. The former bike behind me
zpHBeaEl.jpg

NBD ride. I must say the weather people suck at their job. On the 14th it was supposed to be rainy. it was sunny. On NBD was supposed to be sunny. it was raining in the morning
and off and on in spots all day. Picture is at University of BC
IgRNHP6l.jpg

As i said. very happy with the new bike. love that it only weighs 400lb. Love that the stock tires are Michelin PR3. For a naked bike the hwy speed wind was not as bad as i thought it would be.

Interesting choice.
Like trading a peanut for a peanut with half the shell! HAHA. But what ever makes you happy is all that matters!

the reasons. lets see now.

One is that the FZ07 now is available with ABS.
The NC was not as comfortable a ride as i expected. Was disappointed in that.
I thought maybe it was me. Not a youngster anymore so maybe thought my long day rides are over.

Wind noise on the NC was bad even at 80kph. Ear plugs helped but at 100kph and over was still loud.
NC performance was a bit of a bore. Handled and rode more like a large cruiser instead of a sport bike.
The one thing i think i will miss the most about the NC is the frunk
probably unfounded but i just could not get over the DCT .. more complicated and more parts and things that could go wrong.
could see high price maintenance in the future.

even tho with the NC the centre of gravity is low. it is still a heavy bike that you notice most moving it around in garage or when parking

The FZ07 is over 100lbs lighter. Is so easy to move around. Being so light it is nice and flickable in traffic.
The FZ97 feels much better in the twistys. The bike has tons of power and torque. Has a higher red line and gives a better top end rush.
The FZ07 feels better on longer rides. I can see me riding for multiple hours with no issue.

wind noise and wind at hwy speeds is not that bad. It is quieter at hwy speed than the NC.
being a naked bike, maintenance is easy. All the items you need to get to are easy to get to.
love that the bike has a 180 width tire and the stock Michelin PR3 tires are fantastic.

I finally had to admit to myself that the most fun i had on bikes were light and flickable. I also have a 2014 Yamaha BWS125 scooter. That thing is a blast to ride in and around downtown area. Fast enough to keep up with traffic and can park just about anywhere.

In 2011 i had a Honda CBR250r. Was so light and easy to move around. Could ride that thing all day and i did many times. Many times straight 8hr blocks of riding. Same for a Honda CBR500r i had in 2015. All-day rides no problem. But the one thing they lacked was power. I also had a 2014 Honda NC750S. I also rode that bike for mulit hour rides. I only ride weekends, in 2014 btwn April to end October i put over 12k km on it. The NC-S got annoying because i kept trying to ride it like a "real bike" and constantly bounced off the limiter.

In contrast, in 2016 April to end October on the NC750X i had just over 4500km. Tho this was mainly due to the crappy weather we had here. Many weekends were cold / wet and rainy.

I did strongly consider a Yamaha FZ09 but decided that the FZ07 is a better fit for me. Plus insurance is alot less on the FZ07. The FZ09 is too much bike plus it heavier and taller. The FZ07 will cruise happily at 130-150kph and will top speed at 230kph. More than enough bike for me. I saw you tube vids of people hitting 220+ on the FZ09 and he never even got to 6th gear, 220+kph in 5th is an insanity bike.

I take insanity bike from a you tube video blogger. He does great reviews on many different bikes. He is in Portugal and did a 2 part review on the FZ07 (MT07 there). His review was great because he also owned an NC700 so he could compare. Part 2 of the "MT07" was great. Really showed the performance of that bike. The 2013 review of the MT09 was hilarious. If you are interested the blogger is "Cager on Two Wheels"

I finally had to admit to myself that the most fun i had on bikes were light and flickable. I also have a 2014 Yamaha BWS125 scooter. That thing is a blast to ride in and around downtown area. Fast enough to keep up with traffic and can park just about anywhere.

In 2011 i had a Honda CBR250r. Was so light and easy to move around. Could ride that thing all day and i did many times. Many times straight 8hr blocks of riding. Same for a Honda CBR500r i had in 2015. All-day rides no problem. But the one thing they lacked was power. I also had a 2014 Honda NC750S. I also rode that bike for mulit hour rides. I only ride weekends, in 2014 btwn April to end October i put over 12k km on it. The NC-S got annoying because i kept trying to ride it like a "real bike" and constantly bounced off the limiter.

In contrast, in 2016 April to end October on the NC750X i had just over 4500km. Tho this was mainly due to the crappy weather we had here. Many weekends were cold / wet and rainy.

I did strongly consider a Yamaha FZ09 but decided that the FZ07 is a better fit for me. Plus insurance is alot less on the FZ07. The FZ09 is too much bike plus it heavier and taller. The FZ07 will cruise happily at 130-150kph and will top speed at 230kph. More than enough bike for me. I saw you tube vids of people hitting 220+ on the FZ09 and he never even got to 6th gear, 220+kph in 5th is an insanity bike.

I take insanity bike from a you tube video blogger. He does great reviews on many different bikes. He is in Portugal and did a 2 part review on the FZ07 (MT07 there). His review was great because he also owned an NC700 so he could compare. Part 2 of the "MT07" was great. Really showed the performance of that bike. The 2013 review of the MT09 was hilarious. If you are interested the blogger is "Cager on Two Wheels"

Yeah, I like him, cager on two wheels, he's fun. Well whatever makes you happy, I'm sure the new bike is awesome, but I still think the NC is a faboulous machine... I'm waiting on the MADSTAD 20 incher now... that should changes things quite a bit. I was going to upgrade the seat, but now I won't, afer breaking it in my a$$ doesn't hurt as much and if I still need to do somethin about it I'll get the airhawks. I also think, some folks just like changing their toys often ;)

Enjoy it... cheers.

yes i guess there is something to that. I do like getting new toys. And who knows, my good riding years may come to a close sooner rather than later.
I figure since i can afford it and am still generally in good health i will not deny myself.
Too many coulda-shoulda-woulda moments as it is. My brain still thinks it is 17 but my body has a way of reminding the brain that it will be 60 in October.
I try to eat right, hit the weights / gym 5 days a week so hopefully if i make it to 100 i will still be riding :)

When I was researching motorbikes to buy two years ago, I figured the naked NC750S is what I really wanted.
I didn't want my bike to look anything like a sport bike, so minimal plastics desired. Windshield not necessary either.

Then, heartbroken as it's not available for sale in the USA. ( Honda! :( )

Considered the next best thing, the CTX. Loved the look of the front end, did not like the road-only, feet forward cruiser style. I need to stand on the pegs and look over cars in traffic.

FZ-07 was on my short list, but felt that it was too much bike for me at the time. My neighbor has a 2014. We've wrenched on it a few times. Great bike.

the reasons. lets see now.

One is that the FZ07 now is available with ABS.
The NC was not as comfortable a ride as i expected. Was disappointed in that.
I thought maybe it was me. Not a youngster anymore so maybe thought my long day rides are over.

Wind noise on the NC was bad even at 80kph. Ear plugs helped but at 100kph and over was still loud.
NC performance was a bit of a bore. Handled and rode more like a large cruiser instead of a sport bike.
The one thing i think i will miss the most about the NC is the frunk
probably unfounded but i just could not get over the DCT .. more complicated and more parts and things that could go wrong.
could see high price maintenance in the future.

even tho with the NC the centre of gravity is low. it is still a heavy bike that you notice most moving it around in garage or when parking

The FZ07 is over 100lbs lighter. Is so easy to move around. Being so light it is nice and flickable in traffic.
The FZ97 feels much better in the twistys. The bike has tons of power and torque. Has a higher red line and gives a better top end rush.
The FZ07 feels better on longer rides. I can see me riding for multiple hours with no issue.

wind noise and wind at hwy speeds is not that bad. It is quieter at hwy speed than the NC.
being a naked bike, maintenance is easy. All the items you need to get to are easy to get to.
love that the bike has a 180 width tire and the stock Michelin PR3 tires are fantastic.

congrats!

the NC has really bad wind management, Madstad solved it for me.

i love the FZ weight as well.... the only think you are going to hate is when the it comes to Valve adjustment on the FZ... but at i think you dont have do it till you get to 26k

Life's too short to ride the wrong motorcycle and the little FZ seems to be an awesome motorcycle. Enjoy it!

Question, can you get saddle bags and tour box for the FZ07? How about a touring windshield? NC is almost paid for, so I'm going to keep her !!

FZ is ok but for me it,s too small ,the 09 would better suit me and FJ better than FZ. But with the crap trade in value of the NC700X I expect I have traded down to my last bike in this life . At my age no time for regrets. LOL

I like the FZ 07 but I do not fit well on it at 6'3".
I hope Honda is studying how to make lighter bikes.

Back