• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gopro Mount?

kaibil1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got a gopro and would like to know where are you guys placing it? what mounts besides the ones that are included with the kit do you use and/or recommend.
I got the black edition btw.

Thank you in advance.

When I get my bike back together, in front of bike, below the black side panel (one with Honda emblem) that runs from seat to in front below headlight. Velcro below front headlight, with safety tie in case Velcro ever came lose.

I would first find a good place to mount it on the helmet. Some put it on the top of the helmet or on the side. I use a few extra arms/links to mount is right below my face shield. I don't like how the camera hover above the head, in 3rd person view. Find a good smooth place to put the flat or curved mounting tab on your helmet, whichever fit the first.

A good investment would be the suction cup mount. I've mount it on the tank and windshield at various locations and angles for different view. It'd worked very well. I also tied it with a string, in case the suction cup fails. but so far, the suction cup has worked very well. *knock on wood*

Hey Kaibil1,
I have the Hero2 and I have it mounted to rightside of my helmet, I am using the swivel arm bent down so the camera hangs upside down by my right shoulder. I switched the camera setting so that captures the video rightside up. The video captures a little bit of the side of my helmet, the gauges (so you can see how fast you are going) , and pretty much everything else in front of you. Those cameras are pretty fun
Have a good one

A video of some of my favorite GoPro mounting spots on the NCX. I always safety the camera to the bike with a zip tie and a generic camera safety...not going to make that mistake again.....ha!

kaibil1, do yourself a favor and return the Black edition and get the White instead. Not much of a difference at all other than a higher megapixel camera (which I rarely use) and the Black can record in 4k, (which is absolutely useless without a 4k computer screen or television to watch it on). You can buy losts of different mounts and accessories with the money you save. Hell, I bought a separate camera (Countour Roam2) just for my helmet with the money I saved!

Oh, and regarding the Contour camera, read my post from another thread HERE for a comparison of the two.

[video=youtube;VKjo4nSbQi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjo4nSbQi0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A good investment would be the suction cup mount. I've mount it on the tank and windshield at various locations and angles for different view. It'd worked very well. I also tied it with a string, in case the suction cup fails. but so far, the suction cup has worked very well. *knock on wood*

Be very very careful with the suction mount. A friend lost his GoPro off the side of a boat when the suction cup failed. GoPro told him you have to set it on there and let it dry or something for 15 minutes. Apparently there's instructions somewhere. His new GoPro is equipped with the optional flotation device. I also agree with the post above that says avoid the Black edition. I went on two trips and filled up half my hard drive with hi def video. It's nice, but not sure it's worth it. I mount mine on my helmet. The mount fits nicely into a hole in the visor that is smaller than the base so even if the stick-on mount fails the camera will stay on.

A video of some of my favorite GoPro mounting spots on the NCX. I always safety the camera to the bike with a zip tie and a generic camera safety...not going to make that mistake again.....ha!

kaibil1, do yourself a favor and return the Black edition and get the White instead. Not much of a difference at all other than a higher megapixel camera (which I rarely use) and the Black can record in 4k, (which is absolutely useless without a 4k computer screen or television to watch it on). You can buy losts of different mounts and accessories with the money you save. Hell, I bought a separate camera (Countour Roam2) just for my helmet with the money I saved!

Josh, I just bought a GoPro saturday. I was watching the video you posted and like the idea of mounting it on top of the beak. I bought the assortment of sticky pads and it looks like that is how it is attached. Do you have any other advice?

Josh, I just bought a GoPro saturday. I was watching the video you posted and like the idea of mounting it on top of the beak. I bought the assortment of sticky pads and it looks like that is how it is attached. Do you have any other advice?

The oily plastic on the beak of bike isn't ideal for the 3M adhesive so I safety my GoPro with a black zip tie around the beak attached to a camera safety I took off of my wife's Sony wrist floaty for her point-and-shoot. Any camera safety or wrist strap will do, this one just had a quick-release for easy removal. However, the mount is still perfectly intact so far without the need for the safety, even after a pretty harsh, multiple G's inducing crash.

You can always adhere stuff to the oily plastic of the NC if you get the right 3M tape and prep solvent/sponge. Here are the part numbers for anyone's future reference: 06384 3M automotive tape 1/2" x 5yds and 3M 6896 Adhesion promoter (sponge/solution). To make a long story short, I had the lower wind deflectors on and decided to remove but then re-installed them. After some trial and error and calling 3M, the aforementioned held stronger than even factory. This is on the oily plastic.

The oily plastic on the beak of bike isn't ideal for the 3M adhesive so I safety my GoPro with a black zip tie around the beak attached to a camera safety I took off of my wife's Sony wrist floaty for her point-and-shoot. Any camera safety or wrist strap will do, this one just had a quick-release for easy removal. However, the mount is still perfectly intact so far without the need for the safety, even after a pretty harsh, multiple G's inducing crash.

I'll be sure to use a safety strap. Thanks

You can always adhere stuff to the oily plastic of the NC if you get the right 3M tape and prep solvent/sponge. Here are the part numbers for anyone's future reference: 06384 3M automotive tape 1/2" x 5yds and 3M 6896 Adhesion promoter (sponge/solution). To make a long story short, I had the lower wind deflectors on and decided to remove but then re-installed them. After some trial and error and calling 3M, the aforementioned held stronger than even factory. This is on the oily plastic.

I have to replaced films (decals) on the motorgraders at Caterpillar ocassionaly. We typically use rubbing acohol to clean the area before the film but it is only a sticker. This is a $300 camera. I will definietly look into this. Thanks

Trust me, you can use rubbing alcohol on most surfaces and get it to work, but for the slick surface on some of plastic areas of the NC, it's not going to cut it. I went to Lowe's and bought a 3M acrylic tape and tried to make it work with rubbing alcohol. The deflectors held for maybe 5 minutes and then fell off.

I have used the RAM mount system, I have mounted it on the clutch mount, wind noise is a little bit of an issue but it gives a clear view of the road, good for the scenic rides, for Canadian members GPScity.ca in Calgary is awesome they carry all the parts.
RAM Mount Long Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U-C
RAM Mount Medium Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U
RAM Mount Motorcycle Handle Base with Single 1 inch Ball & RAM Mount Plastic GoPro Camera Adapter 1 inch B-Ball RAP-B-202U-GOP1
I find the short arm is fine, but if I want to rotate and put myself and the bike in the frame the longer mount is better. The rubber/plastic mount attaches to the GoPro Case via regular process. Other adhesive mounts always bother me as they never last and eventually you have to use a bottle of gobegone to get it clean ! Solid mount, I am happy with it

I have used the RAM mount system, I have mounted it on the clutch mount, wind noise is a little bit of an issue but it gives a clear view of the road, good for the scenic rides, for Canadian members GPScity.ca in Calgary is awesome they carry all the parts.
RAM Mount Long Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U-C
RAM Mount Medium Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U
RAM Mount Motorcycle Handle Base with Single 1 inch Ball & RAM Mount Plastic GoPro Camera Adapter 1 inch B-Ball RAP-B-202U-GOP1
I find the short arm is fine, but if I want to rotate and put myself and the bike in the frame the longer mount is better. The rubber/plastic mount attaches to the GoPro Case via regular process. Other adhesive mounts always bother me as they never last and eventually you have to use a bottle of gobegone to get it clean ! Solid mount, I am happy with it

I was thinking about using the RAM mount myself but attaching it to the honda light bar. Wondering if that would be to low of a perspective.

Galaxy S4

Back